Open Office

Ruby Jones
Hi

I have an Apple MacBook Pro and I have downloaded the Apache Open Office programme. However, when I try to open it I am getting the following error message.  Please can you confirm that there is no malware in this download and that this is just a normal response from Apple because the download has not come from their App Store.  If you can confirm that then I will amend the security in my computer.  Thanks

I have tried chatting to Apple Support who could to help.  My MacBook Pro is using version 10.15.1

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
Ruby Jones
United Kingdom.

Re: Open Office

David Belina-2
Macs now insist on verifying software that has not come from the AppleStore with this “error” message.

This error appears due to the Gatekeeper security feature included with OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and later.

To bypass this, open System Preferences and click Security & Privacy. Chang

For newer operating systems (OS X 10.13 and up), the app you're installing will appear under the "Allow apps downloaded from" menu. Click "Open Anyway" next to this and your software installer will launch.

Hope this helps