Open Office v 4.0.1 - Problems with pdf files

Open Office v 4.0.1 - Problems with pdf files

Ian McNicholas
I recently upgraded to this version due to changing to windows 7 from xp
- I can no longer open pdf files using open office - HELP ! - my preious
version which was 2.something had no problems but in version 4.0.1 it
starts to load then the whole office package" locks up"  with window
posting a "not responding" message after a couple of minutes - I've
tried downloading the pdf extension but it tells me it's already
installed then crashes when I try to reinstall it.

Re: Open Office v 4.0.1 - Problems with pdf files

Andrea Pescetti-2
Ian McNicholas wrote:
> I recently upgraded to this version due to changing to windows 7 from xp
> - I can no longer open pdf files using open office - HELP ! - my preious
> version which was 2.something had no problems but in version 4.0.1 it
> starts to load then the whole office package" locks up" with window
> posting a "not responding" message after a couple of minutes - I've
> tried downloading the pdf extension but it tells me it's already
> installed then crashes when I try to reinstall it.

Make sure that you are using PDF Import for OpenOffice 4. Use
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/node/17351

If you still experience unpredictable behavior, reset your user profile.
Search in https://forum.openoffice.org/ to know how to do it.

Regards,
   Andrea.