Open Office will not open on my MacBookAir

Open Office will not open on my MacBookAir

Janice Drout
Hi, Please see photo below for what comes up when I click on OpenOffice icon.  I did an update on my MacBook Air.  Was unable to open OpenOffice.  Spoke with Apple Technical support who helped me delete OpenOffice App then download the newest version from 11/2018.  OpenOffice still will not open.  Please let me know what to do.  Almost every file I use on my computer is OpenOffice.  Thanks for your help!

Fwd: Open Office will not open on my MacBookAir

Janice Drout
Please see email below.  Also, when I go into Applications to see if OpenOffice downloaded, it shows it's in there, but with the date Oct 22, 2018, not today's date which is 12/13/2018.  This has happened twice where I've deleted OpenOffice App then downloaded the new 11/2018 version and again, it shows up in Applications as OpenOffice 10/22/2018.  Please help!  Thanks!

Re: Open Office will not open on my MacBookAir

Dave Fisher
Hi -

From the dates you describe you may be using either a development version or one not built by this project. Please download 4.1.5 from https://www.OpenOffice.org/download/.

If your troubles are not resolved then please tell us what version of macOS you are using and what part of OpenOffice you are using when the crash occurs.

Click on the report button, copy and paste the crash report into an email and send with the details back to this list would help developers understand the trouble.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 13, 2018, at 8:40 PM, Janice Drout <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi, Please see photo below for what comes up when I click on OpenOffice icon.  I did an update on my MacBook Air.  Was unable to open OpenOffice.  Spoke with Apple Technical support who helped me delete OpenOffice App then download the newest version from 11/2018.  OpenOffice still will not open.  Please let me know what to do.  Almost every file I use on my computer is OpenOffice.  Thanks for your help!<Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 6.35.42 PM.png>

Re: Open Office will not open on my MacBookAir

Dave Fisher
Hi Janice,

I’m glad that everything looks good now!

We are here to help!

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone