Open Ofice Problem

Richard
Hi all, Just installed the latest version of open office and I loaded a free cv for open office.
Opened it and made some changes, clicked on save as... and pouffff the program crashes.

Tried it with calc, writer, etc etc all the programs of openoffice crashes as soon as I choose save as.

I'm on windows 10.

I will wait a day to have respons from you and if not, I go back to ms office.

Thanks

Richard from Québec, Canada

Re: Open Ofice Problem

Dave Fisher
Hi -

Please try with version 4.1.3.

Regards,
Dave

> On Dec 5, 2017, at 12:03 PM, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all, Just installed the latest version of open office and I loaded a free cv for open office.
> Opened it and made some changes, clicked on save as... and pouffff the program crashes.
>
> Tried it with calc, writer, etc etc all the programs of openoffice crashes as soon as I choose save as.
>
> I'm on windows 10.
>
> I will wait a day to have respons from you and if not, I go back to ms office.
>
> Thanks
>
> Richard from Québec, Canada

Re: Open Ofice Problem

Andrea Pescetti-2
Dave Fisher wrote:
> Please try with version 4.1.3.

Why this suggestion? Have you seen similar bug reports specific to
4.1.4? I mean, if it is our bug (crash as soon as the user clicks "Save
As" in any module) and it is a 4.1.4 regression, we'll probably want to
escalate and fix it. For sure it is not reproducible on a large scale,
or we would be spammed with reports.

So again, is this a known problem with 4.1.4? Or can we dismiss it as
something specific to the user's system, but likely to happen with 4.1.3
too?

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Open Ofice Problem

Dave Fisher
Do you want a debate? I’m reading between the lines of Patricia’s analysis on the dev list.

If this person tests and it fails with 4.1.3 then it is NOT a regression and is either environmental or a new bug.

If it succeeds then it is likely a regression ... and we can see if 4.1.5 will fix it.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 5, 2017, at 1:57 PM, Andrea Pescetti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dave Fisher wrote:
>> Please try with version 4.1.3.
>
> Why this suggestion? Have you seen similar bug reports specific to 4.1.4? I mean, if it is our bug (crash as soon as the user clicks "Save As" in any module) and it is a 4.1.4 regression, we'll probably want to escalate and fix it. For sure it is not reproducible on a large scale, or we would be spammed with reports.
>
> So again, is this a known problem with 4.1.4? Or can we dismiss it as something specific to the user's system, but likely to happen with 4.1.3 too?
>
> Regards,
>  Andrea.

Re: Open Ofice Problem

Andrea Pescetti-2
Dave Fisher wrote:
> Do you want a debate? I’m reading between the lines of Patricia’s analysis on the dev list.
> If this person tests and it fails with 4.1.3 then it is NOT a regression and is either environmental or a new bug.

I don't want a debate. I wanted to make sure whether you believed this
to be a 4.1.4 bug or whether you were suggesting 4.1.3 merely for an
extra investigation. No need to continue the discussion, then, unless
the original poster reports that 4.1.3 works well under the same conditions.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Open Ofice Problem

Martin Groenescheij

On 06/12/17 7:03 AM, Richard wrote:
> Hi all, Just installed the latest version of open office and I loaded a free cv for open office.
> Opened it and made some changes, clicked on save as... and pouffff the program crashes.

You should make sure that you only download from www.openoffice.org
which redirect you to www.sourceforge.net
The download will automatically start within a few seconds, don't click
on anything.
You probably downloaded from an other site because OpenOffice don't
include a free cv

> Tried it with calc, writer, etc etc all the programs of openoffice crashes as soon as I choose save as.
>
> I'm on windows 10.
>
> I will wait a day to have respons from you and if not, I go back to ms office.
>
> Thanks
>
> Richard from Québec, Canada

Re: Open Ofice Problem

Martin Groenescheij

On 06/12/17 12:55 PM, Richard wrote:

> Okay, seems you did not understand me. I'm french so I will try to
> explain more precise.
>
> 1) Download Open Office from www.openoffice.org and installed it.
> 2) Went on Google. Search for "Open Office CV models"
> 3) Found this and dowloaded a model
> : https://templates.openoffice.org/en/template/modern-resume-template-0
> 4) Double clic on it and open it.
> 5) Made some changes and tried to save it, the progam crashed. I've
> open another model thinking maybe was corrumpted, same thing happened
> with the othe one. So I opened a Calc document to see if the problem
> would be there too and it was. Could not open or save the document.
> Crashes immediatly.
> 6) Completly uninstalled Open Office. Erased by hand the folders Open
> Office made. Reboot my computer and installed Open Office again. Tried
> all of the above and again crashes.

OK, I downloaded the same template opened it made some changes, saved
it, closed it, reopened it without any problem.

> Voila...I'm at this point now.

Voila.. I'm out of suggestions, maybe someone else could ad to it.