Open office error Important document locked

Open office error Important document locked

Rachel Head
Hello.
Open office crashed and has locked / coded a very important document. I've had a few people try to retrieve it and it is seemingly impossible. The document was saved before it crashed, just was open at the time. How is the best way to retrieve this? I've attached the files.
Best Regards,
Rachel

tracy emin.odt (59K) Download Attachment

Re: Open office error Important document locked

Rory O'Farrell
On Thu, 7 May 2020 02:08:38 -0500
Rachel Head <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello.
> Open office crashed and has locked / coded a very important document. I've
> had a few people try to retrieve it and it is seemingly impossible. The
> document was saved before it crashed, just was open at the time. How is the
> best way to retrieve this? I've attached the files.
> Best Regards,
> Rachel

We cannot see your file as the mailing list strips attachments.  If your computer reports as the file as containing ### or a sequence of repeated characters, the file is damaged beyond repair and you should waste no further time with it.  If you have a backup of the fie, this is the time to use it.

On the assumption you are using Windows, the following methods may help a recovery on your computer:

As soon as possible try the methods in this tutorial
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=85038for detailed instructions on how to

a) use Previous Versions (W7 and later) to recover previous versions of the file.

b) recover your file as it was when you last opened or saved it, or as it was when it was last saved with AutoRecovery;

c) find previous versions of the file in the folder it is located in, but which have since been deleted;

d) un-delete the temporary files AOO wrote while you were editing the file, and then deleted.  This may recover your file as it was when you last opened or you last saved it.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Open office error Important document locked

Moderator