Open office on mac - can't open

Jeff Cheung
Hi Users Open Office,

I recently downloaded Open office on mac but can't open it because it says
"OpenOffice" cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.
Please advise.

I'm on Mac OS Big Sur 11.1

Thanks,

Jeff

Re: Open office on mac - can't open

David Belina-2
Read about half-way down this web page and you will see how to do it for any program that cannot be verified:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

On December 18, 2020 at 12:29:14 PM, Jeff Cheung ([hidden email]) wrote:

Hi Users Open Office,

I recently downloaded Open office on mac but can't open it because it says
"OpenOffice" cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.
Please advise.

I'm on Mac OS Big Sur 11.1

Thanks,

Jeff

Re: Open office on mac - can't open

Rory O'Farrell
On Fri, 18 Dec 2020 11:15:22 -0800
Jeff Cheung <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Users Open Office,
>
> I recently downloaded Open office on mac but can't open it because it says
> "OpenOffice" cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.
> Please advise.
>
> I'm on Mac OS Big Sur 11.1
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

This is probably Apple Gatekeeper telling you this.  The solution to the Gatekeeper problem is Question 05/Answer 05 in this set of Mac problems:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89283#p420635
--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Open office on mac - can't open

Jeff Cheung
Thanks,

Another problem is that it keeps quitting unexpectedly when I try to open
up some MS word or excel files to Open Office. Please advise.

Jeff

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 11:35 AM Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Dec 2020 11:15:22 -0800
> Jeff Cheung <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Users Open Office,
> >
> > I recently downloaded Open office on mac but can't open it because it
> says
> > "OpenOffice" cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.
> > Please advise.
> >
> > I'm on Mac OS Big Sur 11.1
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jeff
>
> This is probably Apple Gatekeeper telling you this.  The solution to the
> Gatekeeper problem is Question 05/Answer 05 in this set of Mac problems:
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89283#p420635
> Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Open office on mac - can't open

Peter Kovacs-3
If you use Big Sur, there is currently a bug. Investigation is ongoing.

--
This is the Way! http://www.apache.org/theapacheway/index.html