Open office software

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Open office software

Mark Thomas-2
Hi, I'm ignorant of modern PC's used to MS Word, as used on an old WIN95
operating system!
I don't do computers.
But, am trying to write an illustrated novel.. using a word processing
platform, from ink & paper longhand.
Old school.
I bought a hp570 tower.
1.) I want to just compose my book draft Offline.
2.) The PC in theory has MS Word software...or does it?
I was told it won't work for long, as Microsoft charges for Word?
Will it even work without Internet connection?
( Things were simpler in the past.)
It was suggested to me, to download a "free source" word- equivalent
software program,-such as your ApacheOpenOffice, instead of using MSWord.
Is it possible? Does it include similar features to word? Can it easily
store the unfinished work on a hp570 PC offline? Is Internet required? PDF
form?
Thanks, Mark in the dark.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Open office software

Marcus (OOo)
Am 06.06.2018 um 20:17 schrieb Mark Thomas:
> It was suggested to me, to download a "free source" word- equivalent
> software program,-such as your ApacheOpenOffice, instead of using MSWord.
> Is it possible? Does it include similar features to word? Can it easily

short answer: yes.

> store the unfinished work on a hp570 PC offline? Is Internet required? PDF
> form?

Of course you can save and load your work at any time on your PC.
Internet is not requeired to work with OpenOffice.
And you can export your work into a PDF file.

If you want some more details, please have a look here:

http://www.openoffice.org/why/index.html

I hope you have (or will get) the information that you need.

Marcus


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Open office software

Mark Thomas-2
Thank you Marcus for the information. Do you reckon the hp560
processor...to have already as a new machine, Microsoft Word installed for
free? If so, is there a fast expiry time on such software?
I just bought computer, made password ( no Internet), and saw that it has
"Word." Will word expire after a few months?
The password is not recognized, I can get no warranty help: I'm returning
the inoperative machine.
Thank you, Mark.
On Jun 6, 2018 12:26 PM, "Marcus" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 06.06.2018 um 20:17 schrieb Mark Thomas:
>
>> It was suggested to me, to download a "free source" word- equivalent
>> software program,-such as your ApacheOpenOffice, instead of using MSWord.
>> Is it possible? Does it include similar features to word? Can it easily
>>
>
> short answer: yes.
>
> store the unfinished work on a hp570 PC offline? Is Internet required? PDF
>> form?
>>
>
> Of course you can save and load your work at any time on your PC.
> Internet is not requeired to work with OpenOffice.
> And you can export your work into a PDF file.
>
> If you want some more details, please have a look here:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/why/index.html
>
> I hope you have (or will get) the information that you need.
>
> Marcus
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Open office software

Peter Kovacs-3
In reply to this post by Mark Thomas-2
If the pc is new, it will serve your needs.
https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-pavilion-desktop---570-p035t
This Pc is more then sufficient for today's office work needs.

It could be that your offer has a packaged full version Word (but unusual today). So hard to tell without knowing the offer.

Microsoft usually tells you how long it can be used. Just click on your name upper right corner.

However if your last PC has been a win 95, you might find Word looks very different today.
OpenOffice might be more intuitive to you.
I recommend to try our product. Since it is free of charge, the only invest you do is time.

All the best
Peter

Am 6. Juni 2018 20:17:23 MESZ schrieb Mark Thomas <[hidden email]>:

>Hi, I'm ignorant of modern PC's used to MS Word, as used on an old
>WIN95
>operating system!
>I don't do computers.
>But, am trying to write an illustrated novel.. using a word processing
>platform, from ink & paper longhand.
>Old school.
>I bought a hp570 tower.
>1.) I want to just compose my book draft Offline.
>2.) The PC in theory has MS Word software...or does it?
>I was told it won't work for long, as Microsoft charges for Word?
>Will it even work without Internet connection?
>( Things were simpler in the past.)
>It was suggested to me, to download a "free source" word- equivalent
>software program,-such as your ApacheOpenOffice, instead of using
>MSWord.
>Is it possible? Does it include similar features to word? Can it easily
>store the unfinished work on a hp570 PC offline? Is Internet required?
>PDF
>form?
>Thanks, Mark in the dark.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Open office software

Marcus (OOo)
In reply to this post by Mark Thomas-2
Am 06.06.2018 um 22:07 schrieb Mark Thomas:
> Thank you Marcus for the information. Do you reckon the hp560
> processor...to have already as a new machine, Microsoft Word installed for
> free? If so, is there a fast expiry time on such software?
> I just bought computer, made password ( no Internet), and saw that it has
> "Word." Will word expire after a few months?
> The password is not recognized, I can get no warranty help: I'm returning
> the inoperative machine.

I'm sorry but don't know this PC. The best would be to ask these
questions the salesperson where you have bought the machine.

Marcus



> On Jun 6, 2018 12:26 PM, "Marcus" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Am 06.06.2018 um 20:17 schrieb Mark Thomas:
>>
>>> It was suggested to me, to download a "free source" word- equivalent
>>> software program,-such as your ApacheOpenOffice, instead of using MSWord.
>>> Is it possible? Does it include similar features to word? Can it easily
>>>
>>
>> short answer: yes.
>>
>> store the unfinished work on a hp570 PC offline? Is Internet required? PDF
>>> form?
>>>
>>
>> Of course you can save and load your work at any time on your PC.
>> Internet is not requeired to work with OpenOffice.
>> And you can export your work into a PDF file.
>>
>> If you want some more details, please have a look here:
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/why/index.html
>>
>> I hope you have (or will get) the information that you need.
>>
>> Marcus


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]