Open office too many icons

Dave AOO
Forwarded to users mailing list.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Joseph Carlino [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Friday, February 7, 2020, 18:30 UTC
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Open office too many icons

> Hi I just purchased a new HP laptop and downloaded open office Apache and now I have 9 icons I didn’t ask for.
> Can you shed some light on this.
>
> Sincerely
>
> Joseph P. Carlino

Re: Open office too many icons

Peter Kovacs-3
Hello Joseph P. Carlin,

My OpenOffice installation has 8 Icons Installed.

Base, Calc, Writer, Impress, Draw, Math, Printer setup and a generic one

The first 6 start directly the application you want to use. the 7th Icon
regulates Printer setup and the last one starts an application where I
can select what I want to do.

Please note that all applications are different with a different purpose.

I have no Idea what your 9th Icon is, maybe Uninstall?

Maybe you could add what do you expect, when Installing the OpenOffice
Productivity suite.

All the Best

Peter