Open office won't work on Apple update

Beverly Jackson
I am hopeful that someone can help me with a problem.  I have recently installed the newest Apple update, and now my OpenOffice will  no longer work.  On the icon for OpenOffice, I now have a circle with a slash across it and I don’t know what to do.  I am an older woman who is not very computer savvy and with the isolation I can’t have one of my children help with this.  If you or someone out there can be of assistance, I would be most grateful

Thank you in advance.

Beverly

Re: Open office won't work on Apple update

David Belina-2
You have to download and install the Open Office 64-bit version (the new Mac OS won’t let you use 32-bit programs - that is why you have the circle with the slash).

Download the installation software (https://www.openoffice.org/download/) and just make sure the box above “Download full installation” say OS X (version >-10.7) (DMG) and do the download and then open the file you downloaded.  (what I just told you is the version you see if you used a browser on a Mac).