OpenOffice 20 years event

Projet OpenOffice
Hello,

A french volunteer has submited some logo items:
https://www.cjoint.com/doc/20_08/JHCuJh7ZFcY_20YearsOO-Affiche.png
https://www.cjoint.com/doc/20_08/JHCuKc4qS1Y_20YearsOO.png

Re: OpenOffice 20 years event

Marcus (OOo)
Am 28.08.20 um 22:36 schrieb Projet OpenOffice:
> A french volunteer has submited some logo items:
> https://www.cjoint.com/doc/20_08/JHCuJh7ZFcY_20YearsOO-Affiche.png
> https://www.cjoint.com/doc/20_08/JHCuKc4qS1Y_20YearsOO.png

that's great, thanks for this.

Has the user told something about usage? Is it allowed to use one or
both graphics on our website?

Thanks

Marcus

RE: OpenOffice 20 years event

Jörg Schmidt-2

Fine. Thank you.

Is there a possibility to contact the author directly? Or is "[hidden email]" already der author?

I find that in "JHCuKc4qS1Y_20YearsOO.png" the color yellow is a bit unfavorable, because it is not visible on white background, which is probably the most common in practice. For example a darker orange would solve this problem.

greetings,
Jörg

Re: OpenOffice 20 years event

Czesław Wolański
Hi all,

I should also like to join in the thanks to the author.

@Jörg
> I find that in "JHCuKc4qS1Y_20YearsOO.png" the color yellow is
> a bit unfavorable, because it is not visible on white background,
> which is probably the most common in practice. For example
> a darker orange would solve this problem.

+1
That would also make the symbol for AOO Draw less discernible (see point 2.
below).

My remarks:

1. "20 years"
Digit "2" looks slightly odd (out of balance) compared with the "O/0"
character.

2. Symbol for AOO Draw
Definitely it is too big.
Amongst symbols for AOO components its color is the most discernible
and somehow weakens the focus on the "20 years" message.

3. Smaller "seagulls"
Position relative to "YEARS" could be better.

A draft proposal (I am not a graphic designer) can be downloaded from the
following link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LGGbInF2OUTBsFM0D2PbHkS39p4WqmFF/view?usp=sharing

The idea of combining the "O/0" character and the seagull logo allows PR
people
to show their talents. Once again, thanks to the author for this splendid
idea!

Regards,

Czesław Wolański