OpenOffice 3.2 Calc adding bitmap image to a cell

JPK

OpenOffice 3.2 Calc adding bitmap image to a cell

JPK
  Dear Developers Team,

Can you advice how to add bitmap image into openoffice calc cell by
using calc-macro (and no uno-type)?

When image added to the calc cell, it should be scaled and rotated as well.
I can not find help pages for this problem.

Attached example shows how multiple images should be added in the
calc-sheet.
--
   Jari

Re: OpenOffice 3.2 Calc adding bitmap image to a cell

Cor Nouws
Hi Jari,

Jari Kosonen wrote (11-08-10 08:41)
> Dear Developers Team,

(I am not a developer. Just a community member
However, this list is for developer issues.)

> Can you advice how to add bitmap image into openoffice calc cell by
> using calc-macro (and no uno-type)?
>
> When image added to the calc cell, it should be scaled and rotated as well.
> I can not find help pages for this problem.

You need quite some specific objects for that.
Some of them:
  - drawpage where the picture is placed:
thisComponent.Sheets(0).Drawpage
  - unoStructs for position and size
createUnoStruct("com.sun.star.awt.Point")
createUnoStruct("com.sun.star.awt.Size")
and maybe functions to embed your graphics.

Pls look at examples on the forums:
http://www.oooforum.org/

If you have further questions, you can be helped there or at the list
[hidden email].

> Attached example shows how multiple images should be added in the
> calc-sheet.

In general, attachments are stripped from the mails, so your one did not
come true.

I hope I gave you some suggestions in the right direction,
Cor

--
  >> Your office 2010 software: the new OpenOffice.org <<

Cor Nouws
   - ideas/remarks for the community council?
   - http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Community_Council

JPK

Re: OpenOffice 3.2 Calc adding bitmap image to a cell

JPK
  I rather NOT use the UNO-service type...
It requires possibly some structure (com.sun.star.*), but I can not find
good help page how to use it.
The examples I found by google, etc. searching were for Writer only (not
for Calc).
--
   Jari

On 08/11/10 17:09, Cor Nouws wrote:

> Hi Jari,
>
> Jari Kosonen wrote (11-08-10 08:41)
>> Dear Developers Team,
>
> (I am not a developer. Just a community member
> However, this list is for developer issues.)
>
>> Can you advice how to add bitmap image into openoffice calc cell by
>> using calc-macro (and no uno-type)?
>>
>> When image added to the calc cell, it should be scaled and rotated as
>> well.
>> I can not find help pages for this problem.
>
> You need quite some specific objects for that.
> Some of them:
>  - drawpage where the picture is placed:
> thisComponent.Sheets(0).Drawpage
>  - unoStructs for position and size
> createUnoStruct("com.sun.star.awt.Point")
> createUnoStruct("com.sun.star.awt.Size")
> and maybe functions to embed your graphics.
>
> Pls look at examples on the forums:
> http://www.oooforum.org/
> http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/
>
> If you have further questions, you can be helped there or at the list
> [hidden email].
>
>> Attached example shows how multiple images should be added in the
>> calc-sheet.
>
> In general, attachments are stripped from the mails, so your one did
> not come true.
>
> I hope I gave you some suggestions in the right direction,
> Cor

Re: OpenOffice 3.2 Calc adding bitmap image to a cell

Cor Nouws
Jari Kosonen wrote (11-08-10 10:43)
> I rather NOT use the UNO-service type...
> It requires possibly some structure (com.sun.star.*), but I can not find
> good help page how to use it.
> The examples I found by google, etc. searching were for Writer only (not
> for Calc).

pls use the links I send.
I know that info is there - I used it some years ago to build a function
that does something in the direction you are looking for. But my work is
rather mixed in other stuff, so not easy for me to cut and paste.

Cor

JPK

Re: OpenOffice 3.2 Calc adding bitmap image to a cell

JPK
  I can find help for inserting graphic to calc:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/Calc_Guide/Adding_graphics,
but that is not including macro examples...

On 08/11/10 17:50, Cor Nouws wrote:

> Jari Kosonen wrote (11-08-10 10:43)
>> I rather NOT use the UNO-service type...
>> It requires possibly some structure (com.sun.star.*), but I can not find
>> good help page how to use it.
>> The examples I found by google, etc. searching were for Writer only (not
>> for Calc).
>
> pls use the links I send.
> I know that info is there - I used it some years ago to build a
> function that does something in the direction you are looking for. But
> my work is rather mixed in other stuff, so not easy for me to cut and
> paste.
>
> Cor

Re: OpenOffice 3.2 Calc adding bitmap image to a cell

Regina Henschel
Hi Jari,

Jari Kosonen schrieb:
> Dear Developers Team,

I'm no developer.

> Can you advice how to add bitmap image into openoffice calc cell by
> using calc-macro (and no uno-type)?

You cannot put an image _into_ a Calc cell, Calc cells can only hold
strings, values, and formulas.

You can only put an image on the associated draw page and anchor it to a
cell.

Kind regards
Regina

JPK

Re: OpenOffice 3.2 Calc adding bitmap image to a cell

JPK
  I'm trying to find macro example that can do this.
Thanks.
The drawpage is not familiar to me yet.
--
   Jari

JPK

Re: OpenOffice 3.2 Calc adding bitmap image to a cell

JPK
  If inserted "picture from file" manually, it goes to selected cell.
But I understand the object is actually free of cell borders.

JPK

Re: OpenOffice 3.2 Calc adding bitmap image to a cell

JPK
  Thanks. I found it by searching with "drawpage".

JPK

Re: OpenOffice 3.2 Calc adding bitmap image to a cell

JPK
  Can you advice how to change the "pivot point" in the calc -macro?

   oLinked.RotateAngle=rot
   oLinked.Position=aPos
   oLinked.Pivot=aPos    ?????? Does not work, since I don't know the
internal structure's name...
   oLinked.Size=aSize
   oLinked.Name=sDie
   oDrawPage.add(oLinked)
--
   Jari

On 08/11/10 18:04, Regina Henschel wrote:

> Hi Jari,
>
> Jari Kosonen schrieb:
>> Dear Developers Team,
>
> I'm no developer.
>>
>> Can you advice how to add bitmap image into openoffice calc cell by
>> using calc-macro (and no uno-type)?
>
> You cannot put an image _into_ a Calc cell, Calc cells can only hold
> strings, values, and formulas.
>
> You can only put an image on the associated draw page and anchor it to
> a cell.
>
> Kind regards
> Regina

Re: OpenOffice 3.2 Calc adding bitmap image to a cell

Regina Henschel
Hi Jari,

this is the wrong list for your questions. Macros belong to the udk or
the api project and images belong to the graphics project.

Kind regards
Regina

JPK

Re: OpenOffice 3.2 Calc adding bitmap image to a cell

JPK
  Okay I will check. The question is related both to drawing/graphics
and macros (how to handle graphics by macros).
--
   Jari