OpenOffice Bib API

Bruce D'Arcus
FYI, David Wilson put up a wiki page to come up with suggested
enhancements to the OpenOffice bibliographic API.

<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/
Bibliographic_API_Enhancements>

I'm trying to find out about Microsoft's new citation and
bibliography API, but am not finding any details; just this:

<http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms406055.aspx>

... which says:

> New members in the Word 2007 object model, such as the Bibliography
> object in both the Application object and the Document object,
> allow you to work with bibliographies and citations programmatically.

Not much help though.

It seems to me off-hand, though, that the job of the citation API is
to hand-off IDs to the citation processor and insert the proper
formatted text that it returns. Likewise for the bibliographic API.

To quote Oliver Sprecht [1]:

> [22:38:50] <oliverspecht> You're loading your data -
> bibliographical data. We are loading the textual representation of
> the fields and the bibliographic index.

In any case, we need to nail down this bit in a reasonable time. Feel
free to contribute.

Bruce

[1] <http://bibliographic.openoffice.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentView?
documentID=3670&noNav=true>