Quantcast

OpenOffice Calc Problem with scroll bars moving unexpectedly at times

OpenOffice Calc Problem with scroll bars moving unexpectedly at times

Jean Lear
I have been asked for help by a friend who is using a MacBook Pro and
Apache OpenOffice Calc.

It is a problem I have not encountered when using Calc on my various
versions of Windows and versions of OpenOffice so I do not know if it
occurs because a Mac machine is being used.

When entering text or numbers in a cell in Calc the scroll bars on the side
and on the bottom of the page occasionally suddenly jump to the right hand
corner of the page so if one wants to make the entry the scroll bars both
have to be returned to the places they were on the page where entries were
being made.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Jean

Re: OpenOffice Calc Problem with scroll bars moving unexpectedly at times

Steve Ahlers-2

Jean,

Often this occurs while typing the person brushes the touch pad with their palm. This can be helped by going into System Settings and changing the sensitivity of the touch pad or turning the touch pad off and using a mouse.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 12, 2017, at 4:22 AM, Jean Lear <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have been asked for help by a friend who is using a MacBook Pro and
> Apache OpenOffice Calc.
>
> It is a problem I have not encountered when using Calc on my various
> versions of Windows and versions of OpenOffice so I do not know if it
> occurs because a Mac machine is being used.
>
> When entering text or numbers in a cell in Calc the scroll bars on the side
> and on the bottom of the page occasionally suddenly jump to the right hand
> corner of the page so if one wants to make the entry the scroll bars both
> have to be returned to the places they were on the page where entries were
> being made.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you
>
> Jean

Re: OpenOffice Calc Problem with scroll bars moving unexpectedly at times

Rory O'Farrell
On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 05:42:23 -0700
Steven Ahlers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jean,
>
> Often this occurs while typing the person brushes the touch pad with their palm. This can be helped by going into System Settings and changing the sensitivity of the touch pad or turning the touch pad off and using a mouse.

There may also (operating system dependent) be a setting in Control Panel (however called) to "turn off trackpad while typing".

RoryOF

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Mar 12, 2017, at 4:22 AM, Jean Lear <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I have been asked for help by a friend who is using a MacBook Pro and
> > Apache OpenOffice Calc.
> >
> > It is a problem I have not encountered when using Calc on my various
> > versions of Windows and versions of OpenOffice so I do not know if it
> > occurs because a Mac machine is being used.
> >
> > When entering text or numbers in a cell in Calc the scroll bars on the side
> > and on the bottom of the page occasionally suddenly jump to the right hand
> > corner of the page so if one wants to make the entry the scroll bars both
> > have to be returned to the places they were on the page where entries were
> > being made.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Jean

Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: OpenOffice Calc Problem with scroll bars moving unexpectedly at times

Steve Ahlers-2
Yes... System Settings

Sent from my iPhone