OpenOffice Document Recovery dialog box on OpenOffice start up

OpenOffice Document Recovery dialog box on OpenOffice start up

John Baniqued
When starting OpenOffice 4.1.7 (Windows 10 system, all updates current) I get the "OpenOffice Document Recovery" dialog box. It indicates the Document Name as CFII.odt, and status Not recovered yet. (The missing file CFII.odt was deleted in error.) Clicking the "Start Recovery" button results in a status of "Recovery failed". Clicking the "Next" button at this point starts a blank .odt file.

All previously saved documents appear to be OK after going through all the above. It is concerning when starting OpenOffice I always get the same OpenOffice Document Recovery dialog box. What is the significance of that file? How is it used? When does OpenOffice create that file? Is there a way to rebuild the CFII.odt file? Is that file really necessary (all files appear OK)?

I appreciate any and all help you can provide.

John P. Baniqued

Re: OpenOffice Document Recovery dialog box on OpenOffice start up

David Robley-2
Try choosing Cancel instead of Start Recovery. That should stop the
repeated offers to recover.

As a courtesy I have forwarded a copy of this reply to you as well as to
the mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
will be ignored.

On 21/1/21 8:02 am, John Baniqued wrote:

> When starting OpenOffice 4.1.7 (Windows 10 system, all updates current) I get the "OpenOffice Document Recovery" dialog box. It indicates the Document Name as CFII.odt, and status Not recovered yet. (The missing file CFII.odt was deleted in error.) Clicking the "Start Recovery" button results in a status of "Recovery failed". Clicking the "Next" button at this point starts a blank .odt file.
>
> All previously saved documents appear to be OK after going through all the above. It is concerning when starting OpenOffice I always get the same OpenOffice Document Recovery dialog box. What is the significance of that file? How is it used? When does OpenOffice create that file? Is there a way to rebuild the CFII.odt file? Is that file really necessary (all files appear OK)?
>
> I appreciate any and all help you can provide.
>
> John P. Baniqued

Cheers
--
David Robley

I'd love to, but you know how we psychos are.

Re: OpenOffice Document Recovery dialog box on OpenOffice start up

Pogány Ferenc
Thank you for the advice. I have tried it but with no results. I keep getting the same message: MacOS cannot open OO because the developer (SourceForge) cannot be checked. I subscribed but I cannot find my way around the site.

Thanks anyway.

Ferenc

> 2021. jan. 20. dátummal, 23:16 időpontban David Robley <[hidden email]> írta:
>
> Try choosing Cancel instead of Start Recovery. That should stop the repeated offers to recover.

> As a courtesy I have forwarded a copy of this reply to you as well as to the mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at <[hidden email]> - replies to my personal email address will be ignored.
>
> On 21/1/21 8:02 am, John Baniqued wrote:
>> When starting OpenOffice 4.1.7 (Windows 10 system, all updates current) I get the "OpenOffice Document Recovery" dialog box. It indicates the Document Name as CFII.odt, and status Not recovered yet. (The missing file CFII.odt was deleted in error.) Clicking the "Start Recovery" button results in a status of "Recovery failed". Clicking the "Next" button at this point starts a blank .odt file.
>>
>> All previously saved documents appear to be OK after going through all the above. It is concerning when starting OpenOffice I always get the same OpenOffice Document Recovery dialog box. What is the significance of that file? How is it used? When does OpenOffice create that file? Is there a way to rebuild the CFII.odt file? Is that file really necessary (all files appear OK)?
>>
>> I appreciate any and all help you can provide.
>>
>> John P. Baniqued
>>

>> Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10
>>

> Cheers
> --
> David Robley
>
> I'd love to, but you know how we psychos are.

Re: OpenOffice Document Recovery dialog box on OpenOffice start up

David Robley-2
Your problem is totally unrelated to the question to which you are replying.

Please read the Installation Guide for Mac -
https://www.openoffice.org/download/common/instructions.html#apple

On 24/1/21 4:55 pm, Pogány Ferenc wrote:

> Thank you for the advice. I have tried it but with no results. I keep getting the same message: MacOS cannot open OO because the developer (SourceForge) cannot be checked. I subscribed but I cannot find my way around the site.
>
> Thanks anyway.
>
> Ferenc
>
>> 2021. jan. 20. dátummal, 23:16 időpontban David Robley <[hidden email]> írta:
>>
>> Try choosing Cancel instead of Start Recovery. That should stop the repeated offers to recover.

>> As a courtesy I have forwarded a copy of this reply to you as well as to the mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at <[hidden email]> - replies to my personal email address will be ignored.
>>
>> On 21/1/21 8:02 am, John Baniqued wrote:
>>> When starting OpenOffice 4.1.7 (Windows 10 system, all updates current) I get the "OpenOffice Document Recovery" dialog box. It indicates the Document Name as CFII.odt, and status Not recovered yet. (The missing file CFII.odt was deleted in error.) Clicking the "Start Recovery" button results in a status of "Recovery failed". Clicking the "Next" button at this point starts a blank .odt file.
>>>
>>> All previously saved documents appear to be OK after going through all the above. It is concerning when starting OpenOffice I always get the same OpenOffice Document Recovery dialog box. What is the significance of that file? How is it used? When does OpenOffice create that file? Is there a way to rebuild the CFII.odt file? Is that file really necessary (all files appear OK)?
>>>
>>> I appreciate any and all help you can provide.
>>>
>>> John P. Baniqued
>>>

>>> Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10
>>>

>> Cheers
>> --
>> David Robley
>>
>> I'd love to, but you know how we psychos are.

Cheers
--
David Robley

My computer has a terminal illness