OpenOffice Failure

Cheyenne Moore
Dear OpenOffice,
While writing a very important research paper I ran into some issues with OpenOffice. It seems as if once I saved my document it had done some type of encryption of my document where I can no longer view my document and when I open it all I see is 5 pages of "#." While I do understand that technology has its moments I do request that you could respond and resolve this issue as soon as possible. I have included my document below so that you may have evidence of what is happening. Thank you for your future cooperation and I will be expecting to communicate back with you very soon. Please if it is at all not possible to reverse this mistake I would ask in return for a letter to be sent to my professor explaining the situation in its entirety.

Thank you,
                  Cheyenne Moore

CAB.odt (35K) Download Attachment

Re: OpenOffice Failure

Rory O'Farrell
On Wed, 8 Nov 2017 09:22:42 -0500
Cheyenne Moore <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear OpenOffice,
> While writing a very important research paper I ran into some issues with
> OpenOffice. It seems as if once I saved my document it had done some type
> of encryption of my document where I can no longer view my document and
> when I open it all I see is 5 pages of "#." While I do understand that
> technology has its moments I do request that you could respond and resolve
> this issue as soon as possible. I have included my document below so that
> you may have evidence of what is happening. Thank you for your future
> cooperation and I will be expecting to communicate back with you very soon.
> Please if it is at all not possible to reverse this mistake I would ask in
> return for a letter to be sent to my professor explaining the situation in
> its entirety.
>
> Thank you,
>                   Cheyenne Moore

Either your computer crashed, or you powered down your computer before the internal housekeeping had been completed.  Your file is corrupted and experience om OpenOffice User Forum indicates that nothing can be recovered from it.  However, you may recover some of the temporary files generated in the process of editing.  Details are given in this tutorial

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=85038

You should also use a utility such as Recuva which may also find some of these deleted temporary files.

Note that help on the Forum and on this mailing list is given by volunteers in their own time on a pro bono basis.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: OpenOffice Failure

zahra a
hello.
which operating system do you use?
can you use shadow explorer or windows previous versions if you use
windows vista or newer?
hope that help, God bless you!

On 11/8/17, Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Nov 2017 09:22:42 -0500
> Cheyenne Moore <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear OpenOffice,
>> While writing a very important research paper I ran into some issues with
>> OpenOffice. It seems as if once I saved my document it had done some type
>> of encryption of my document where I can no longer view my document and
>> when I open it all I see is 5 pages of "#." While I do understand that
>> technology has its moments I do request that you could respond and
>> resolve
>> this issue as soon as possible. I have included my document below so that
>> you may have evidence of what is happening. Thank you for your future
>> cooperation and I will be expecting to communicate back with you very
>> soon.
>> Please if it is at all not possible to reverse this mistake I would ask
>> in
>> return for a letter to be sent to my professor explaining the situation
>> in
>> its entirety.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>                   Cheyenne Moore
>
> Either your computer crashed, or you powered down your computer before the
> internal housekeeping had been completed.  Your file is corrupted and
> experience om OpenOffice User Forum indicates that nothing can be recovered
> from it.  However, you may recover some of the temporary files generated in
> the process of editing.  Details are given in this tutorial
>
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=85038
>
> You should also use a utility such as Recuva which may also find some of
> these deleted temporary files.
>
> Note that help on the Forum and on this mailing list is given by volunteers
> in their own time on a pro bono basis.
>
> --
> Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.