OpenOffice logo, holidays version

Andrea Pescetti-2
As usual, the "holiday version" of the OpenOffice logo is now online at

http://www.openoffice.org/

I've applied it to English and Italian; I didn't apply it to all
languages since it may make more sense in some context than others.

Still, applying it is trivial: just do the equivalent of

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/it/brand.mdtext?r1=1819226&r2=1819225&pathrev=1819226

for your localized brand.mdtext file.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: OpenOffice logo, holidays version

Matthias Seidel
Hi Andrea,

I can't remember we had this last Christmas... ;-)

But it looks good and I adapted the Orb now for Google+.

Regards, Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: OpenOffice logo, holidays version

Matthias Seidel
Hi Andrea,

> As usual, the "holiday version" of the OpenOffice logo is now online at
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/
>
> I've applied it to English and Italian; I didn't apply it to all
> languages since it may make more sense in some context than others.
>
> Still, applying it is trivial: just do the equivalent of
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/it/brand.mdtext?r1=1819226&r2=1819225&pathrev=1819226
>

> for your localized brand.mdtext file.
I think holidays are over now (sigh) and we can revert to the "normal"
OpenOffice logo.
Should I change it for the Italian page, too?

Regards, Matthias

Matthias Seidel wrote:
> I think holidays are over now (sigh) and we can revert to the "normal"
> OpenOffice logo.
> Should I change it for the Italian page, too?

Not yet (for the Italian page) thanks. Traditionally Italian holidays,
for example school holidays, run 25 Dec to 6 Jan, and it is still
"holiday mode" for many Italian sites. But soon it will be over in Italy
too... so if I forget to remove it next weekend, you can go ahead!

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: OpenOffice logo, holidays version

Matthias Seidel
Hi Andrea,

> Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> I think holidays are over now (sigh) and we can revert to the "normal"
>> OpenOffice logo.
>> Should I change it for the Italian page, too?
>
> Not yet (for the Italian page) thanks. Traditionally Italian holidays,
> for example school holidays, run 25 Dec to 6 Jan, and it is still
> "holiday mode" for many Italian sites. But soon it will be over in
> Italy too... so if I forget to remove it next weekend, you can go ahead!

Good to know!

In Sweden for example the Christmas time lasts until the 13 January. On
that day they get rid of their Christmas trees... ;-)
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knut%27s_party)

Regards, Matthias