OpenOffice.org 2.2.1 (OOF680_m18) GNU/Linux SPARC

OpenOffice.org 2.2.1 (OOF680_m18) GNU/Linux SPARC

Bugzilla from devel.sjanki@gmail.com
I have downloaded OpenOffice.org 2.2.1 and have tried to run it over
ssh but at startup I get the following error:

./soffice.bin: symbol lookup error: libxml2.so.2: undefined symbol: gzopen64

When I replace the libxml2.so.2 library with my system version it
works apart from the occasional crash, which is to be expected in this
stadium of GNU/Linux SPARC support.

The reason for running it over ssh is because my server, a Sun Enterprise
250, has multi-domain PCI and Xorg 7.2 can initialise neither the GFX8P
card nor a PCI Radeon 9250 in this version. The problem will be resolved
in a future release after Xorg 7.3.

Sunil

Re: OpenOffice.org 2.2.1 (OOF680_m18) GNU/Linux SPARC

Jim Watson
Sunil Amitkumar Janki wrote:
> I have downloaded OpenOffice.org 2.2.1 and have tried to run it over
> ssh but at startup I get the following error:
>
> ./soffice.bin: symbol lookup error: libxml2.so.2: undefined symbol:
> gzopen64
>
> When I replace the libxml2.so.2 library with my system version it
> works apart from the occasional crash, which is to be expected in this
> stadium of GNU/Linux SPARC support.

OOo on Linux SPARC is only tested in a 32 bit (sparc) runtime
environment, not 64 bit (sparc64).
Are  all your shared libraries  (outside OOo eg, /usr/lib ) 32 bit?
Please make an issue for this and attach the output from running this
command in the OOo/program directory.

$ file * > file.txt

jim

Jim Watson wrote:

> OOo on Linux SPARC is only tested in a 32 bit (sparc) runtime
> environment, not 64 bit (sparc64).
> Are  all your shared libraries  (outside OOo eg, /usr/lib ) 32 bit?
> Please make an issue for this and attach the output from running this
> command in the OOo/program directory.
>
> $ file * > file.txt
>
> jim

It is a pure 32-bit operating system with a 64-bit kernel. I haven't got
around to building neither a 32-bit nor a 64-bit kernel yet due to bugs.
The output of that command won't be very useful since all libraries and
executables are 32-bit. I will try with a 32-bit kernel later.

Sunil