OpenOffice.org 3.3: L10n release and build distribution

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

OpenOffice.org 3.3: L10n release and build distribution

Rafaella Braconi-2
Dear All,

Let me start with a big THANK YOU to all the native-language teams who
have so greatly contributed to the OpenOffice.org 3.3 version! We saw
great contributions in the translation, testing and release areas. The
outcome of all of this is on the download page, showing a quite good
number of released languages and a great number of language versions.

Now, the deadline to approve the l10n builds vs. language packs for
distribution  has passed and I would like to provide you with detailed
information on how we will complete the l10n release of OpenOffice.org 3.3.

Basically, we will automatically approve and distribute all RC10
builds/language packs which have not been approved by the
native-language teams. Please note that all languages for which a team
has actively tested, approved and requested the distribution, will be
left out from this process unless they explicitly ask our support for
distribution. The teams I am referring to are:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/L10nReleases . All other
languages will be automatically distributed.

The l10n automatic process will be completed by the end of the week.

If any questions or concerns, please do hot hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards,
Rafaella
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenOffice.org 3.3: L10n release and build distribution

Thorsten Ziehm-2
Hi All,

from me also a big thank you for your great support in translation, in
testing and releasing the localized install sets. More install sets for
more different languages could released as in the past releases and
more languages were delivered as full install sets. A great outcome
for OOo 3.3.

By the way I saw on the download page, that only a few L10N team had
the possibility to release install sets for Solaris (Intel and Sparc).
I know that this isn't so easy because of the missing hardware. So I
want to ask the L10N teams, which release other platforms, if we should
help you with this task.

The language I mean :
Catalan, Danish, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Europ.),
Russian and Vietnamese.

What we are doing :
We will do automated testing only. Which means, the install sets will
be installed automatically and a small set of test cases will run
automatically on the installed office too. With this tests the general
functionality is guaranteed and you checked the localization anyway on
the other platforms. This guarantees a high quality of the product on
this platforms too.

Do you have any objection?

It will be a pleasure for me to help you with this task.

Kind regards,
   Thorsten


Am 16.02.2011 10:58, schrieb Rafaella Braconi:

> Dear All,
>
> Let me start with a big THANK YOU to all the native-language teams who
> have so greatly contributed to the OpenOffice.org 3.3 version! We saw
> great contributions in the translation, testing and release areas. The
> outcome of all of this is on the download page, showing a quite good
> number of released languages and a great number of language versions.
>
> Now, the deadline to approve the l10n builds vs. language packs for
> distribution has passed and I would like to provide you with detailed
> information on how we will complete the l10n release of OpenOffice.org 3.3.
>
> Basically, we will automatically approve and distribute all RC10
> builds/language packs which have not been approved by the
> native-language teams. Please note that all languages for which a team
> has actively tested, approved and requested the distribution, will be
> left out from this process unless they explicitly ask our support for
> distribution. The teams I am referring to are:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/L10nReleases . All other
> languages will be automatically distributed.
>
> The l10n automatic process will be completed by the end of the week.
>
> If any questions or concerns, please do hot hesitate to ask.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Rafaella
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [qa-dev] Re: [l10n-dev] OpenOffice.org 3.3: L10n release and build distribution

Joost Andrae-3
Hi Thorsten,

+1 from my side.

Kind regards, Joost

> By the way I saw on the download page, that only a few L10N team had
> the possibility to release install sets for Solaris (Intel and Sparc).
> I know that this isn't so easy because of the missing hardware. So I
> want to ask the L10N teams, which release other platforms, if we should
> help you with this task.
>
> The language I mean :
> Catalan, Danish, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Europ.),
> Russian and Vietnamese.
>
> What we are doing :
> We will do automated testing only. Which means, the install sets will
> be installed automatically and a small set of test cases will run
> automatically on the installed office too. With this tests the general
> functionality is guaranteed and you checked the localization anyway on
> the other platforms. This guarantees a high quality of the product on
> this platforms too.
>
> Do you have any objection?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenOffice.org 3.3: L10n release and build distribution

Kevin Scannell-2
In reply to this post by Thorsten Ziehm-2
On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 4:55 AM, Thorsten Ziehm
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> from me also a big thank you for your great support in translation, in
> testing and releasing the localized install sets. More install sets for
> more different languages could released as in the past releases and
> more languages were delivered as full install sets. A great outcome
> for OOo 3.3.
>
> By the way I saw on the download page, that only a few L10N team had
> the possibility to release install sets for Solaris (Intel and Sparc).
> I know that this isn't so easy because of the missing hardware. So I
> want to ask the L10N teams, which release other platforms, if we should
> help you with this task.
>
> The language I mean :
> Catalan, Danish, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Europ.),
> Russian and Vietnamese.
>
> What we are doing :
> We will do automated testing only. Which means, the install sets will
> be installed automatically and a small set of test cases will run
> automatically on the installed office too. With this tests the general
> functionality is guaranteed and you checked the localization anyway on
> the other platforms. This guarantees a high quality of the product on
> this platforms too.
>
> Do you have any objection?
>
> It will be a pleasure for me to help you with this task.
>

Thorsten,
   Irish team would like to be included in automatic testing on
Solaris also, if possible.  We're among the languages with
Mac/Win/Linux builds for 3.3 but not Solaris (or Mac PPC for that
matter if anyone can help with that).

Kevin

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenOffice.org 3.3: L10n release and build distribution

Thorsten Ziehm-2
Hi Kevin,

Am 16.02.2011 16:28, schrieb Kevin Scannell:

> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 4:55 AM, Thorsten Ziehm
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> from me also a big thank you for your great support in translation, in
>> testing and releasing the localized install sets. More install sets for
>> more different languages could released as in the past releases and
>> more languages were delivered as full install sets. A great outcome
>> for OOo 3.3.
>>
>> By the way I saw on the download page, that only a few L10N team had
>> the possibility to release install sets for Solaris (Intel and Sparc).
>> I know that this isn't so easy because of the missing hardware. So I
>> want to ask the L10N teams, which release other platforms, if we should
>> help you with this task.
>>
>> The language I mean :
>> Catalan, Danish, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Europ.),
>> Russian and Vietnamese.
>>
>> What we are doing :
>> We will do automated testing only. Which means, the install sets will
>> be installed automatically and a small set of test cases will run
>> automatically on the installed office too. With this tests the general
>> functionality is guaranteed and you checked the localization anyway on
>> the other platforms. This guarantees a high quality of the product on
>> this platforms too.
>>
>> Do you have any objection?
>>
>> It will be a pleasure for me to help you with this task.
>>
>
> Thorsten,
>     Irish team would like to be included in automatic testing on
> Solaris also, if possible.  We're among the languages with
> Mac/Win/Linux builds for 3.3 but not Solaris (or Mac PPC for that
> matter if anyone can help with that).

Thanks for your feedback and the confidence in the process. We will
include Irish for Solaris testing.

Regards,
   Thorsten

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [qa-dev] OpenOffice.org 3.3: L10n release and build distribution

marcus.lange
In reply to this post by Rafaella Braconi-2
Hi,

due to the migration to Kenai beginning on Monday (see
"http://kenai.com/projects/ooo-migration/pages/Home"), we have to shift
this. When the migration is done we will start to link the additonal
builds on the mirrors and update the download webpage when they are
distributed.

Best regards

Marcus



Rafaella Braconi wrote:
> The l10n automatic process will be completed by the end of the week.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenOffice.org 3.3: L10n release and build distribution

Andrea Pescetti
In reply to this post by Rafaella Braconi-2
On 16/02/2011 Rafaella Braconi wrote:
> Basically, we will automatically approve and distribute all RC10
> builds/language packs which have not been approved by the
> native-language teams. Please note that all languages for which a
> team
> has actively tested, approved and requested the distribution, will be
> left out from this process unless they explicitly ask our support for
> distribution. The teams I am referring to are:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/L10nReleases . All other
> languages will be automatically distributed.

This approach look reasonable, thanks. And the wiki page will make clear
the kind of testing (automatic/manual) done on build, so it's OK.

Regards,
  Andrea Pescetti - Italian N-L Project Lead.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]