OpenOffice

Зограф Оризовски
 Hello, it's me again! Something not in the translation, do not understand what

  it is about. Here's something simple: What should be the distance between

  two words - is not a paragraph or point. Example: / I
 like

OpenOffice
as

  my

 editor, but he does not like me, so

we can
not
 understand. /
 My question is:

  Is there an option for automatic arrangement of the words of the normal

  distance of each other? That's the last consultation.

Re: OpenOffice

Rory O'Farrell
On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 17:37:46 +0200 (EET)
Зограф Оризовски <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Hello, it's me again! Something not in the translation, do not understand what
>
>   it is about. Here's something simple: What should be the distance between
>
>   two words - is not a paragraph or point. Example: / I
>  like
>
> OpenOffice
> as
>
>   my
>
>  editor, but he does not like me, so
>
> we can
> not
>  understand. /
>  My question is:
>
>   Is there an option for automatic arrangement of the words of the normal
>
>   distance of each other? That's the last consultation.

If you use Left Alignment, the words will all be at constant separation. If you use Justified alignment, the interword spacing is varied to fill text to the line. If you areanxious that letters align from line to line, you must use a monospaced font such as Courier, and left align your text. Then each letter and spacewill occupy the same width and every letter will be exactly above or below tthe letters on the next or previous line.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: OpenOffice Word Spacing

Shari Lynn Smith
You can edit spacing between letters (kerning) but I've never seen the
ability to edit spacing between words with either OpenOffice or the
other Word document program. Nor could I find anything when I searched.

Is this something you've ever done in another program? If you have what
program, and how was it accomplished?
Understanding that may help with this.

Shari

On 3/27/2014 10:37 AM, Зограф Оризовски wrote: [snipped]
>    My question is:
>
>    Is there an option for automatic arrangement of the words of the normal
>
>    distance of each other? That's the last consultation.

Re: OpenOffice Word Spacing

Martin Groenescheij
First the good news in OpenOffice you can use many different spaces by
Inserting Special Characters for example U+2004 (scroll 4/5 down to the
bottom) is probably what the user wants.

The bad news is that I couldn't get AutoCorrect to accept this, but Find
and Replace works fine.

In the professional printing industry they use _en_ and _em_ spaces see
below:

  * An em space is the same width as the point size of the font you use.
    For example, if you use a 10-point font, an em space is 10 points wide.
  * An en space is half the width of an em space.
  * A numeric space is the same width as the font's zero (0) character.
    All digits are typically the same width. This space is useful for
    aligning numbers in a column without using tabs.
  * A thin space is one-twelfth the width of an em space. A thin space
    is often used when a very small space is needed to separate two
    characters--for example, between a number and the unit of measure
    that follows it, or between characters that appear too close
    together--for example, /).
  * A nonbreaking space is the same width as the default space width for
    the font.

Apart from this I found the following spaces in the Windows Character Map:

  *   en Quad U+2000
  *   em Quad U+2001
  *   en Space U+2002
  *   em Space U+2003
  *   Three-Per-Em Space U+2004
  *   Four-Per-EM Space U+2005
  *   Six-Per-Em Space U+2006
  * etc

First the good news in OpenOffice you can use most of these spaces by
Inserting Special Characters for example U+2004 is probably what the

On 28-3-2014 11:06, Shari wrote:

> You can edit spacing between letters (kerning) but I've never seen the
> ability to edit spacing between words with either OpenOffice or the
> other Word document program. Nor could I find anything when I searched.
>
> Is this something you've ever done in another program? If you have
> what program, and how was it accomplished?
> Understanding that may help with this.
>
> Shari
>
> On 3/27/2014 10:37 AM, ?????? ????????? wrote: [snipped]
>>    My question is:
>>       Is there an option for automatic arrangement of the words of
>> the normal
>>       distance of each other? That's the last consultation.

Re: OpenOffice Word Spacing

Steve Ahlers
Is it possible that the OP is asking about making a table?
Is there anyone who understands Bulgarian that could communicate directly with the OP, something is being lost in translation.

Steve
Sent from my iPad

>> On 3/27/2014 10:37 AM, ?????? ????????? wrote: [snipped]
>>>   My question is:
>>>      Is there an option for automatic arrangement of the words of the normal
>>>      distance of each other? That's the last consultation.

Re: OpenOffice Word Spacing

Shari Lynn Smith
Slick idea Martin!
Shari