OpenProj

Lee Garrett
Hello,

I used OpenProj.  When I go to print and want to change some settings, I
can't select certain options.  How can I get full use of the applications?

Lee Garrett
404.388.0164

Re: OpenProj

Alan Pearce-2
Hi Lee,
Has it opened as "Read only"? If so go to file/save as and give it another name. Reopen and  it will probably work ok.
Cheers,Alan.

Re: OpenProj

Lee Garrett
Thanks!  The only challenge is that I can't perform certain functions
because I guess it's the free version.  I'm willing to pay something to
unlock those features.  I just don't know how to go about that.  For
example, I can't manipulate scaling so that I can print out the document in
a way that makes sense for me to present the information as I desire.

Lee Garrett
404.388.0164

Re: OpenProj

Alan Boba-2
Hello Lee,

To access all program features you may want to check ProjectLibre,
https://www.projectlibre.com/. ProjectLibre is an open source "fork" of
OpenProj, written by the original authors of OpenProj.

Download the "Community Edition" of ProjectLibre to install and run on a pc
and have access to features in ProjectLibre that are not available in the
free version of OpenProj.

Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011

Re: OpenProj

Keith N. McKenna
On 1/22/2019 7:08 PM, Lee Garrett wrote:
> Thanks!  The only challenge is that I can't perform certain functions
> because I guess it's the free version.  I'm willing to pay something to
> unlock those features.  I just don't know how to go about that.  For
> example, I can't manipulate scaling so that I can print out the document in
> a way that makes sense for me to present the information as I desire.

For that you would have to contact openproj
Regards
Keith

> On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 7:04 PM Keith N. McKenna <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> On 1/22/2019 1:26 PM, Lee Garrett wrote:
<snip>

Re: OpenProj

Girvin Herr-2
Alan B,

Thanks for the ProjectLibre link. One caveat is that the Sourceforge
download page indicates that this free version will not print. That may
be a deciding factor for some people here, including the OP. Despite
that, I downloaded it and will check it out as an alternative to
OpenProj. I tried ganttproject a while back, but it had a lot of
problems and I gave up on it. When I get time, I will try ProjectLibre,
but without printing, it will most likely be useless for me.

Thanks again.
Girvin