Opengrok

12

Opengrok

Patricia Shanahan
Opengrok, http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/, times out.

This makes it very unlikely I will be able to solve the RC2 OLE problem
before I go out of town for a few days starting on Thursday. I can use
find and grep instead, but it takes a lot longer.

Re: Opengrok

Rory O'Farrell
On Tue, 15 Aug 2017 10:46:29 -0700
Patricia Shanahan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Opengrok, http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/, times out.
>
> This makes it very unlikely I will be able to solve the RC2 OLE problem
> before I go out of town for a few days starting on Thursday. I can use
> find and grep instead, but it takes a lot longer.

Would it be appropriate to ask for a release blocker on the RC2 OLE problem?

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Opengrok

Jim Jagielski
It's a regression, so I would assume applying for a blocker would
be appropriate.

> On Aug 15, 2017, at 2:07 PM, Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 15 Aug 2017 10:46:29 -0700
> Patricia Shanahan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Opengrok, http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/, times out.
>>
>> This makes it very unlikely I will be able to solve the RC2 OLE problem
>> before I go out of town for a few days starting on Thursday. I can use
>> find and grep instead, but it takes a lot longer.
>
> Would it be appropriate to ask for a release blocker on the RC2 OLE problem?
>
> --
> Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Opengrok

Marcus (OOo)
Hi Nicolas,

we have a problem to reach the Opengrok instance of OpenOffice that is
running in your network. Maybe you can help us to get this running
again? Or someone else at Adfinis SyGroup?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marcus

Am 15.08.2017 um 19:46 schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
> Opengrok, http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/, times out.
>
> This makes it very unlikely I will be able to solve the RC2 OLE problem
> before I go out of town for a few days starting on Thursday. I can use
> find and grep instead, but it takes a lot longer

Re: Opengrok

Nicolas Christener
Hi Marcus :)

I'll take care of it - update follows shorty.

All the best,
Nicolas

On Tue, 2017-08-15 at 21:00 +0200, Marcus wrote:
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> we have a problem to reach the Opengrok instance of OpenOffice that is
> running in your network. Maybe you can help us to get this running
> again? Or someone else at Adfinis SyGroup?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Marcus

Freundliche Grüsse,
Nicolas Christener

--
Adfinis SyGroup AG
Nicolas Christener, CEO | CTO, GPG KeyID: 0x5897DDEE05029923

Keltenstrasse 98 | CH-3018 Bern
Office +41 31 550 31 11 | Direct +41 31 550 31 13

Re: Opengrok

Nicolas Christener
Hi Marcus

Please try again :)

Just let me know, if I can help you with anything else!

All the best and happy hacking,
Nicolas

On Tue, 2017-08-15 at 21:00 +0200, Marcus wrote:

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> we have a problem to reach the Opengrok instance of OpenOffice that is
> running in your network. Maybe you can help us to get this running
> again? Or someone else at Adfinis SyGroup?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Marcus
>

> Am 15.08.2017 um 19:46 schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
> > Opengrok, http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/, times out.
> >
> > This makes it very unlikely I will be able to solve the RC2 OLE problem
> > before I go out of town for a few days starting on Thursday. I can use
> > find and grep instead, but it takes a lot longer
Freundliche Grüsse,
Nicolas Christener

--
Adfinis SyGroup AG
Nicolas Christener, CEO | CTO, GPG KeyID: 0x5897DDEE05029923

Keltenstrasse 98 | CH-3018 Bern
Office +41 31 550 31 11 | Direct +41 31 550 31 13

Re: Opengrok

Marcus (OOo)
Looks good. I can reach the webpage and a search shows results.

Thanks a lot for your very, very fast help. :-)

Marcus

Am 15.08.2017 um 21:08 schrieb Nicolas Christener:

> Hi Marcus
>
> Please try again :)
>
> Just let me know, if I can help you with anything else!
>
> All the best and happy hacking,
> Nicolas
>
> On Tue, 2017-08-15 at 21:00 +0200, Marcus wrote:
>> Hi Nicolas,
>>
>> we have a problem to reach the Opengrok instance of OpenOffice that is
>> running in your network. Maybe you can help us to get this running
>> again? Or someone else at Adfinis SyGroup?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your help.
>>
>> Marcus
>>

>> Am 15.08.2017 um 19:46 schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
>>> Opengrok, http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/, times out.
>>>
>>> This makes it very unlikely I will be able to solve the RC2 OLE problem
>>> before I go out of town for a few days starting on Thursday. I can use
>>> find and grep instead, but it takes a lot longer
>
> Freundliche Grüsse,
> Nicolas Christener

Re: Opengrok

Patricia Shanahan
Works for me now. Thanks.

On 8/15/2017 12:14 PM, Marcus wrote:

> Looks good. I can reach the webpage and a search shows results.
>
> Thanks a lot for your very, very fast help. :-)
>
> Marcus
>

> Am 15.08.2017 um 21:08 schrieb Nicolas Christener:
>> Hi Marcus
>>
>> Please try again :)
>>
>> Just let me know, if I can help you with anything else!
>>
>> All the best and happy hacking,
>> Nicolas
>>
>> On Tue, 2017-08-15 at 21:00 +0200, Marcus wrote:
>>> Hi Nicolas,
>>>
>>> we have a problem to reach the Opengrok instance of OpenOffice that is
>>> running in your network. Maybe you can help us to get this running
>>> again? Or someone else at Adfinis SyGroup?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for your help.
>>>
>>> Marcus

>> Freundliche Grüsse,
>> Nicolas Christener

Re: Opengrok

Jim Jagielski
How does one select AOO414 ? Or add it? :)

> On Aug 15, 2017, at 1:46 PM, Patricia Shanahan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Opengrok, http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/, times out.
>
> This makes it very unlikely I will be able to solve the RC2 OLE problem before I go out of town for a few days starting on Thursday. I can use find and grep instead, but it takes a lot longer.

Re: Opengrok

Marcus (OOo)
Hi Nicolas,

your fix is working great. However, the selection of branches is a bit
old. Is there a chance to get newer branches into Opengrok?

In SVN we have some more [1] and it would be great to get all 4.1.x
release branches as selection here [2].

Or maybe is there a way that we can add this on our own? ;-)

Thanks for your help.

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branches/
[2] http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/

Marcus

Am 16.08.2017 um 01:17 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> How does one select AOO414 ? Or add it? :)
>
>> On Aug 15, 2017, at 1:46 PM, Patricia Shanahan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Opengrok, http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/, times out.
>>
>> This makes it very unlikely I will be able to solve the RC2 OLE problem before I go out of town for a few days starting on Thursday. I can use find and grep instead, but it takes a lot longer.

Re: Opengrok

Nicolas Christener
Hi Marcus

See my answer inline, below:

On Wed, 2017-08-16 at 21:00 +0200, Marcus wrote:
[...]
> However, the selection of branches is a bit
> old. Is there a chance to get newer branches into Opengrok?

Sure! :)

> In SVN we have some more [1] and it would be great to get all 4.1.x
> release branches as selection here [2].

I'll take a look at this - shouldn't be a big issue.

> Or maybe is there a way that we can add this on our own? ;-)

I'll check what the options are - I'd of course be happy to give you (or
someone else) the needed permissions so you can do this on your own. I'll have
a look and report back.

> Thanks for your help.

You're very welcome!

All the best,
Nicolas

--
Adfinis SyGroup AG
Nicolas Christener, CEO | CTO, GPG KeyID: 0x5897DDEE05029923

Keltenstrasse 98 | CH-3018 Bern
Office +41 31 550 31 11 | Direct +41 31 550 31 13

Re: Opengrok

Nicolas Christener
Hi Marcus

See my comments inline, below:

On Wed, 2017-08-16 at 21:00 +0200, Marcus wrote:
[...]
> your fix is working great. However, the selection of branches is a bit
> old. Is there a chance to get newer branches into Opengrok?

Sure :)

> In SVN we have some more [1] and it would be great to get all 4.1.x
> release branches as selection here [2].
>
> Or maybe is there a way that we can add this on our own? ;-)

I had a quick look a couple of days ago and it seems that one needs root
access to add the new branches. This means we have to do it on our own, but
we're happy to do that for you - just let me know if there's a new branch we
should add.

I gave this task to one of my work buddies (Benjamin in CC) and he'll make
sure the branches get added.

We probably need to add some more resources to that machine and the indexing
takes some time to finish. I expect to have everything done in the next couple
of days. We'll let you know :)

I wish you a nice week, talk to you soon.

All the best,
Nicolas

Am 04.09.2017 um 09:44 schrieb Nicolas Christener:
> See my comments inline, below:
>
> On Wed, 2017-08-16 at 21:00 +0200, Marcus wrote:
> [...]
>> your fix is working great. However, the selection of branches is a bit
>> old. Is there a chance to get newer branches into Opengrok?
>
> Sure :)

great

>> In SVN we have some more [1] and it would be great to get all 4.1.x
>> release branches as selection here [2].
>>
>> Or maybe is there a way that we can add this on our own? ;-)
>
> I had a quick look a couple of days ago and it seems that one needs root
> access to add the new branches. This means we have to do it on our own, but

OK, yes, then of course we cannot do it on our own.

> we're happy to do that for you - just let me know if there's a new branch we
> should add.

I think the branches from the 4.x releases could be helpful, especially
to see the differences between them. This means that we would need
AOO400, AOO401, AOO410, AOO413, AOO414.

> I gave this task to one of my work buddies (Benjamin in CC) and he'll make
> sure the branches get added.
>
> We probably need to add some more resources to that machine and the indexing
> takes some time to finish. I expect to have everything done in the next couple
> of days. We'll let you know :)
>
> I wish you a nice week, talk to you soon.

Thanks, same to you.

Marcus

Re: Opengrok

Rory O'Farrell
On Tue, 5 Sep 2017 22:06:17 +0200
Marcus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 04.09.2017 um 09:44 schrieb Nicolas Christener:
> > See my comments inline, below:
> >
> > On Wed, 2017-08-16 at 21:00 +0200, Marcus wrote:
> > [...]
> >> your fix is working great. However, the selection of branches is a bit
> >> old. Is there a chance to get newer branches into Opengrok?
> >
> > Sure :)
>
> great
>
> >> In SVN we have some more [1] and it would be great to get all 4.1.x
> >> release branches as selection here [2].
> >>
> >> Or maybe is there a way that we can add this on our own? ;-)
> >
> > I had a quick look a couple of days ago and it seems that one needs root
> > access to add the new branches. This means we have to do it on our own, but
>
> OK, yes, then of course we cannot do it on our own.
>
> > we're happy to do that for you - just let me know if there's a new branch we
> > should add.
>
> I think the branches from the 4.x releases could be helpful, especially
> to see the differences between them. This means that we would need
> AOO400, AOO401, AOO410, AOO413, AOO414.

Perhaps also 4.2.0, in anticipation of that future release?

Rory

> > I gave this task to one of my work buddies (Benjamin in CC) and he'll make
> > sure the branches get added.
> >
> > We probably need to add some more resources to that machine and the indexing
> > takes some time to finish. I expect to have everything done in the next couple
> > of days. We'll let you know :)
> >
> > I wish you a nice week, talk to you soon.
>
> Thanks, same to you.
>
> Marcus

Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Opengrok

Marcus (OOo)
Am 05.09.2017 um 22:10 schrieb Rory O'Farrell:

> On Tue, 5 Sep 2017 22:06:17 +0200
> Marcus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Am 04.09.2017 um 09:44 schrieb Nicolas Christener:
>>> See my comments inline, below:
>>>
>>> On Wed, 2017-08-16 at 21:00 +0200, Marcus wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Sure :)
>>
>> great

>>> I had a quick look a couple of days ago and it seems that one needs root
>>> access to add the new branches. This means we have to do it on our own, but
>>
>> OK, yes, then of course we cannot do it on our own.
>>
>>> we're happy to do that for you - just let me know if there's a new branch we
>>> should add.
>>
>> I think the branches from the 4.x releases could be helpful, especially
>> to see the differences between them. This means that we would need
>> AOO400, AOO401, AOO410, AOO413, AOO414.
>
> Perhaps also 4.2.0, in anticipation of that future release?

I think this is already covered by "aoo-trunk". See here
"http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/".

As soon as we have a real AOO420 branch then, yes, it should be added.

Marcus

>>> I gave this task to one of my work buddies (Benjamin in CC) and he'll make
>>> sure the branches get added.
>>>
>>> We probably need to add some more resources to that machine and the indexing
>>> takes some time to finish. I expect to have everything done in the next couple
>>> of days. We'll let you know :)
>>>
>>> I wish you a nice week, talk to you soon.
>>
>> Thanks, same to you.
>>
>> Marcus

Re: Opengrok

Andrea Pescetti-2
Marcus wrote:
> I think the branches from the 4.x releases could be helpful, especially
> to see the differences between them. This means that we would need
> AOO400, AOO401, AOO410, AOO413, AOO414.

Not all of them are in branches (historical reasons).

Valid branches are listed here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branches/

Other releases are simply a tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/tags/

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Opengrok

Andrea Pescetti-2
Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Other releases are simply a tag:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/tags/

Maybe too compact... I meant: if there is a way for OpenGrok to import
tags too, those are the tags to be imported. And that would give us all
releases, including those that don't have a dedicated branch.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Opengrok

Peter Kovacs-4

maybe it would be nice to have a small script that runs once a day that
just removes all branches and set them up which it finds.

It would remove the necessatity of manual maintenance.
And I think it is fine for us if we see the new branch one day later.

Not sure if your interface supports scripting, but would be neat.

All the best
Peter

Am Donnerstag, den 17.08.2017, 08:51 +0200 schrieb Nicolas Christener:

> Hi Marcus
>
> See my answer inline, below:
>
> On Wed, 2017-08-16 at 21:00 +0200, Marcus wrote:
> [...]
> > However, the selection of branches is a bit
> > old. Is there a chance to get newer branches into Opengrok?
>
> Sure! :)
>
> > In SVN we have some more [1] and it would be great to get all
> > 4.1.x
> > release branches as selection here [2].
>
> I'll take a look at this - shouldn't be a big issue.
>
> > Or maybe is there a way that we can add this on our own? ;-)
>
> I'll check what the options are - I'd of course be happy to give you
> (or
> someone else) the needed permissions so you can do this on your own.
> I'll have
> a look and report back.
>
> > Thanks for your help.
>
> You're very welcome!
>
> All the best,
> Nicolas

Re: Opengrok

Patricia Shanahan
Would Opengrok be out of service during the "remove all branches" phase?
If so, for how long?

On 9/5/2017 3:04 PM, Peter Kovacs wrote:

> Hi,
>
> maybe it would be nice to have a small script that runs once a day that
> just removes all branches and set them up which it finds.
>
> It would remove the necessatity of manual maintenance.
> And I think it is fine for us if we see the new branch one day later.
>
> Not sure if your interface supports scripting, but would be neat.
>
> All the best
> Peter
>

> Am Donnerstag, den 17.08.2017, 08:51 +0200 schrieb Nicolas Christener:
>> Hi Marcus
>>
>> See my answer inline, below:
>>
>> On Wed, 2017-08-16 at 21:00 +0200, Marcus wrote:
>> [...]
>>> However, the selection of branches is a bit
>>> old. Is there a chance to get newer branches into Opengrok?
>>
>> Sure! :)
>>
>>> In SVN we have some more [1] and it would be great to get all
>>> 4.1.x
>>> release branches as selection here [2].
>>
>> I'll take a look at this - shouldn't be a big issue.
>>
>>> Or maybe is there a way that we can add this on our own? ;-)
>>
>> I'll check what the options are - I'd of course be happy to give you
>> (or
>> someone else) the needed permissions so you can do this on your own.
>> I'll have
>> a look and report back.
>>
>>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> You're very welcome!
>>
>> All the best,
>> Nicolas

Re: Opengrok

Gavin McDonald
Sorry to hijack the thread here sort of but …

https://fisheye.apache.org/changelog/openoffice <https://fisheye.apache.org/changelog/openoffice>

With all the talk of OpenGrok, did anybody actually look closer to home?

Gav…

> On 6 Sep 2017, at 11:09 am, Patricia Shanahan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Would Opengrok be out of service during the "remove all branches" phase? If so, for how long?
>

> On 9/5/2017 3:04 PM, Peter Kovacs wrote:
>> Hi,
>> maybe it would be nice to have a small script that runs once a day that
>> just removes all branches and set them up which it finds.
>> It would remove the necessatity of manual maintenance.
>> And I think it is fine for us if we see the new branch one day later.
>> Not sure if your interface supports scripting, but would be neat.
>> All the best
>> Peter
>> Am Donnerstag, den 17.08.2017, 08:51 +0200 schrieb Nicolas Christener:
>>> Hi Marcus
>>>
>>> See my answer inline, below:
>>>
>>> On Wed, 2017-08-16 at 21:00 +0200, Marcus wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Sure! :)

>>> I'll take a look at this - shouldn't be a big issue.

>>> I'll check what the options are - I'd of course be happy to give you
>>> (or
>>> someone else) the needed permissions so you can do this on your own.
>>> I'll have
>>> a look and report back.

>>> You're very welcome!
>>>
>>> All the best,