Opening documents created in Microsoft

Grace Lock
I have downloaded your open office. My documents we're previously created in Microsoft. Every time I want to open a previously created document it asks me how I want to open the document. Whether in Microsoft or open office. Isn't there some way to make Open Office my default program and not have to answer that question every time I open a document.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Re: Opening documents created in Microsoft

David Robley
Use the facility of your operating system - which you didn't specify -
to set the file associations for files you want to open to the
appropriate program.

As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the
mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
will be ignored.

On 11/6/20 9:00 pm, Grace Lock wrote:
> I have downloaded your open office. My documents we're previously created in Microsoft. Every time I want to open a previously created document it asks me how I want to open the document. Whether in Microsoft or open office. Isn't there some way to make Open Office my default program and not have to answer that question every time I open a document.
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Cheers
--
David Robley

I bet the human brain is a kludge. - Marvin Minsky

Fwd: Re: Opening documents created in Microsoft

David Robley
Incorrect address in CC