Openoffice Apache App on Table Support Question

Openoffice Apache App on Table Support Question

Crystal Howard
Good evening Support,
The "spelling correction" function in the Openoffice Apache app on my tablet is not working.
Should I delete the app and reload it? Would that correct the bug, or is there something else I can do in the app to fix?
If I do need to delete app and reload, will the subscription I paid, still apply?
Thanks

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Re: Openoffice Apache App on Table Support Question

David Robley
Apache OpenOffice is free to download from
http://www.openoffice.org/download/ and should only be downloaded from
there to ensure you don't get some additional and possibly unwanted extras.

You don't say how your spell check isn't working: if it is flagging all
words as mis-spelled, see
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=89052

If it is not showing errors on mis-spelled words, see
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=16512

As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the
mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
will be ignored.

On 10/6/20 10:13 am, Crystal Howard wrote:
> Good evening Support,
> The "spelling correction" function in the Openoffice Apache app on my tablet is not working.
> Should I delete the app and reload it? Would that correct the bug, or is there something else I can do in the app to fix?
> If I do need to delete app and reload, will the subscription I paid, still apply?
> Thanks
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Cheers
--
David Robley

There are no atheists in the foxholes.

Re: Openoffice Apache App on Table Support Question

David Belina-2
If you paid for Open Office you got ripped off (unless you got a CD with OO on it).  OO is free to download:  http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

On June 10, 2020 at 1:26:35 AM, David Robley ([hidden email]) wrote:

Apache OpenOffice is free to download from
http://www.openoffice.org/download/ and should only be downloaded from
there to ensure you don't get some additional and possibly unwanted extras.

You don't say how your spell check isn't working: if it is flagging all
words as mis-spelled, see
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=89052

If it is not showing errors on mis-spelled words, see
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=16512

As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the
mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
will be ignored.

On 10/6/20 10:13 am, Crystal Howard wrote:
> Good evening Support,
> The "spelling correction" function in the Openoffice Apache app on my tablet is not working.
> Should I delete the app and reload it? Would that correct the bug, or is there something else I can do in the app to fix?
> If I do need to delete app and reload, will the subscription I paid, still apply?
> Thanks
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Cheers
--
David Robley

There are no atheists in the foxholes.

Re: Openoffice Apache App on Table Support Question

Moderator

Might this be the software Crystal is referring to
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andropenoffice&hl=en_US
If so Crystal needs to contact AndreOpenoffice support:
[hidden email]

> On June 10, 2020 at 1:26:35 AM, David Robley ([hidden email]) wrote:
>
> Apache OpenOffice is free to download from
> http://www.openoffice.org/download/ and should only be downloaded from
> there to ensure you don't get some additional and possibly unwanted extras.
>
> You don't say how your spell check isn't working: if it is flagging all
> words as mis-spelled, see
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=89052
>
> If it is not showing errors on mis-spelled words, see
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=16512
>
> Since you are not subscribed to this list you may not see all the
> replies to your query. To subscribe to Apache OpenOffice mailing lists
> go to http://openoffice.apache.org/mailing-lists.html
>
> As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the
> mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
> <[hidden email]> - replies to my personal email address
> will be ignored.
>
> On 10/6/20 10:13 am, Crystal Howard wrote:
>> Good evening Support,
>> The "spelling correction" function in the Openoffice Apache app on my tablet is not working.
>> Should I delete the app and reload it? Would that correct the bug, or is there something else I can do in the app to fix?
>> If I do need to delete app and reload, will the subscription I paid, still apply?
>> Thanks
>>
>> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
>

> Cheers
> --
> David Robley
>
> There are no atheists in the foxholes.

Re: Openoffice Apache App on Table Support Question

Crystal Howard
Thank you all for your detailed responses and help.
Yes, sorry, it appears that I sent my issue to the wrong support email. Thank you for providing the correct support email; nonetheless, great support provided from you all to a fellow user.
You all have a good day.