Openoffice and unsupported gstreamer 0.10 branch (for openoffice libavmediagst.so library)

123

Openoffice and unsupported gstreamer 0.10 branch (for openoffice libavmediagst.so library)

Torokhov Sergey-2
Hello, all.

Currently the OpenOffice uses internal "libavmediagst.so" library that compiled with GStreamer 0.10 version
that is unsupported since 2012. This library is used for gstreamer support in Linux to play multimedia content in presentation
of Impress  component.

Is it planning to migrate for "libavmediagst.so" library to GStreamer 1.0 branch in new OpenOffice releases?
Especially it's interesting concerns being prepared OpenOffice 4.2.0. Or maybe is it possible to
rebuild it with GStreamer 1.0 for 4.1.6 release if it's planning?

Or is it possible to release in addition an official OpenOffice "libavmediagst.so" library compiled with GStreamer 1.0
that could be downloaded separately to replace current "libavmediagst.so" library

Re: Openoffice and unsupported gstreamer 0.10 branch (for openoffice libavmediagst.so library)

Torokhov Sergey-2
On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 00:47:28 +0300
Torokhov Sergey <[hidden email]> wrote:

Could anybody from developer team answer are there any plans about
transition from gstreamer-0.10 to gstreamer-1.0 for multimedia support
in Linux brach of Apache OpenOffice?

Thank you in advance.

--
Sergey Torokhov

> Hello, all.
>
> Currently the OpenOffice uses internal "libavmediagst.so" library
> that compiled with GStreamer 0.10 version that is unsupported since
> 2012. This library is used for gstreamer support in Linux to play
> multimedia content in presentation of Impress  component.
>

> Is it planning to migrate for "libavmediagst.so" library to GStreamer
> 1.0 branch in new OpenOffice releases? Especially it's interesting
> concerns being prepared OpenOffice 4.2.0. Or maybe is it possible to
> rebuild it with GStreamer 1.0 for 4.1.6 release if it's planning?
>

> Or is it possible to release in addition an official OpenOffice
> "libavmediagst.so" library compiled with GStreamer 1.0 that could be
> downloaded separately to replace current "libavmediagst.so" library

Re: Openoffice and unsupported gstreamer 0.10 branch (for openoffice libavmediagst.so library)

Peter Kovacs-3
Hello,

I have hoped that you will get a more positive answer then mine.
I have found no evidence that we have ever worked on an update of
multimedia Libs in any direction. The only thing I have found is someone
tried to compile the old 0.1.0 Gstreamer interface on modern systems.
I think it is unlikely we will see an update in 4.2.0, since there is no
evidence of a volunteer working on it. Of course we would like to have a
better solution then we have now.

In order to advance step by step I have started to collect Information
of possible solutions. And prepared to collect more Informations where
maybe another volunteer could start on.
I have not started any dicusssion, because my limit on driving topics
has been been reached. If you like you could help collecting the
informations needed to implement the stuff. If you have programming
skills you are welcome to try, but I believe it is a challenging Journey.
My current plan is to reduce all the szuff that makes work on Open
Office step by step in order to get into a better shape that we can work
on topics. But currently this is all but in infant state. I welcome any
help.

The Point of Interest List I have started you find at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=67633711
it collects all sort of topics I think I need look into.
The Wikipage I have started to collect Information for a new multimedia
backened you find at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/new+multimedia+Backend

I am sorry I could not invest more time in this point.

All the best
Peter

Re: Openoffice and unsupported gstreamer 0.10 branch (for openoffice libavmediagst.so library)

Torokhov Sergey-2
Hello, Peter.

Thank you for reply and for adding additional info into AOO wiki.

Yes I'm posted on that project is short of developers this time.
I hope that current implementation still will hold several years
because gstreamer-0.10 of long process of skiping this brach
in linux distributibes.

Maybe during this transition period at least the way to  standalone build
of appropriate multimedia AOO library will be found if it possible at all.

Unfortunately I suppose I have no enough programming skills
to understand how build system works and the difference between gstreamer-0.10 and 1.0 API/ABI .

--
Sergey

25.02.2018, 12:20, "Peter Kovacs" <[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
>
> I have hoped that you will get a more positive answer then mine.
> I have found no evidence that we have ever worked on an update of
> multimedia Libs in any direction. The only thing I have found is someone
> tried to compile the old 0.1.0 Gstreamer interface on modern systems.
> I think it is unlikely we will see an update in 4.2.0, since there is no
> evidence of a volunteer working on it. Of course we would like to have a
> better solution then we have now.
>
> In order to advance step by step I have started to collect Information
> of possible solutions. And prepared to collect more Informations where
> maybe another volunteer could start on.
> I have not started any dicusssion, because my limit on driving topics
> has been been reached. If you like you could help collecting the
> informations needed to implement the stuff. If you have programming
> skills you are welcome to try, but I believe it is a challenging Journey.
> My current plan is to reduce all the szuff that makes work on Open
> Office step by step in order to get into a better shape that we can work
> on topics. But currently this is all but in infant state. I welcome any
> help.
>
> The Point of Interest List I have started you find at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=67633711
> it collects all sort of topics I think I need look into.
> The Wikipage I have started to collect Information for a new multimedia
> backened you find at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/new+multimedia+Backend
>
> I am sorry I could not invest more time in this point.
>
> All the best
> Peter

Re: Openoffice and unsupported gstreamer 0.10 branch (for openoffice libavmediagst.so library)

Damjan Jovanovic
Hi

I've begun having a look.

We currently test for gstreamer in configure.ac but don't use the result,
re-running pkg-config in a main/avmedia's makefile.

Changing the version number to 1.0 breaks the build due a missing header
file. Removing that "#include" gets it a little further, but it breaks due
to changed gstreamer API functions. There is also lots of warnings about
deprecated GDK functions. I'll continue trying later.

We should really get rid of gstreamer 0.1 ASAP one way or the other: given
how it's been unmaintained since 2013, it may well have security
vulnerabilities. We can't ship it to users since its license is
incompatible, but having users install it separately still invites trouble.

Damjan

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 9:16 AM, Torokhov Sergey <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello, Peter.
>
> Thank you for reply and for adding additional info into AOO wiki.
>
> Yes I'm posted on that project is short of developers this time.
> I hope that current implementation still will hold several years
> because gstreamer-0.10 of long process of skiping this brach
> in linux distributibes.
>
> Maybe during this transition period at least the way to  standalone build
> of appropriate multimedia AOO library will be found if it possible at all.
>
> Unfortunately I suppose I have no enough programming skills
> to understand how build system works and the difference between
> gstreamer-0.10 and 1.0 API/ABI .
>
> --
> Sergey
>
> 25.02.2018, 12:20, "Peter Kovacs" <[hidden email]>:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have hoped that you will get a more positive answer then mine.
> > I have found no evidence that we have ever worked on an update of
> > multimedia Libs in any direction. The only thing I have found is someone
> > tried to compile the old 0.1.0 Gstreamer interface on modern systems.
> > I think it is unlikely we will see an update in 4.2.0, since there is no
> > evidence of a volunteer working on it. Of course we would like to have a
> > better solution then we have now.
> >
> > In order to advance step by step I have started to collect Information
> > of possible solutions. And prepared to collect more Informations where
> > maybe another volunteer could start on.
> > I have not started any dicusssion, because my limit on driving topics
> > has been been reached. If you like you could help collecting the
> > informations needed to implement the stuff. If you have programming
> > skills you are welcome to try, but I believe it is a challenging Journey.
> > My current plan is to reduce all the szuff that makes work on Open
> > Office step by step in order to get into a better shape that we can work
> > on topics. But currently this is all but in infant state. I welcome any
> > help.
> >
> > The Point of Interest List I have started you find at
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.
> action?pageId=67633711
> > it collects all sort of topics I think I need look into.
> > The Wikipage I have started to collect Information for a new multimedia
> > backened you find at
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/
> new+multimedia+Backend
> >
> > I am sorry I could not invest more time in this point.
> >
> > All the best
> > Peter

Re: Openoffice and unsupported gstreamer 0.10 branch (for openoffice libavmediagst.so library)

Damjan Jovanovic
I've successfully patched our gstreamer plugin to build with gstreamer-1.0, but how do I test it? Does someone have a sample document that uses gstreamer?

The patch is attached for anyone interested. Parts may still be wrong, eg. filter names. Changes between GStreamer 0.1 and 1.0 are documented here:
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/application-development/appendix/porting-1-0.html
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/plain/docs/random/porting-to-1.0.txt

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 10:22 AM, Damjan Jovanovic <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Maybe during this transition period at least the way toΒ  standalone build

avmedia-gstreamer-1.0.patch (6K) Download Attachment

Re: Openoffice and unsupported gstreamer 0.10 branch (for openoffice libavmediagst.so library)

Torokhov Sergey-2
Hello,

I created simple presentation file with title and video frame
("Agent 237:operation barbershop" from Blender Animation Studio).

https://yadi.sk/d/shOKuCcS3StDk

The archive contains 327.odp and 327.webm files that must be placed in
the same directory before presentation file .odp is opening.

The video is playing automatically after pressing F5 key (fullscreen
presentation mode). Or after pressing "Play" button on the bar that
usually appears at the bottom then video-frame of presentation is
selected.
I't work for me in current Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 and
gstreamer-plugins:0.10.

As I use Gentoo I installed "gst-plugins-meta:0.10" with next options:

USE="ffmpeg quicktime http wavpack dv dvb vcd musepack vpx oss libass
lame theora v4l" emerge gst-plugins-meta:0.10

Also I installed "gst-plugins-ivorbis:0.10" and
"gst-plugins-pango:0.10".

Could you also share rebuilded library for testing? Is it compatible
with current AOO 4.1.5 build?

Thank yo in advance.

--
Sergey

On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 19:56:42 +0200
Damjan Jovanovic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've successfully patched our gstreamer plugin to build with
> gstreamer-1.0, but how do I test it? Does someone have a sample
> document that uses gstreamer?
>
> The patch is attached for anyone interested. Parts may still be
> wrong, eg. filter names. Changes between GStreamer 0.1 and 1.0 are
> documented here:
> https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/application-development/appendix/porting-1-0.html
> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/plain/docs/random/porting-to-1.0.txt
>

> On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 10:22 AM, Damjan Jovanovic <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I've begun having a look.
> >
> > We currently test for gstreamer in configure.ac but don't use the
> > result, re-running pkg-config in a main/avmedia's makefile.
> >
> > Changing the version number to 1.0 breaks the build due a missing
> > header file. Removing that "#include" gets it a little further, but
> > it breaks due to changed gstreamer API functions. There is also
> > lots of warnings about deprecated GDK functions. I'll continue
> > trying later.
> >
> > We should really get rid of gstreamer 0.1 ASAP one way or the
> > other: given how it's been unmaintained since 2013, it may well
> > have security vulnerabilities. We can't ship it to users since its
> > license is incompatible, but having users install it separately
> > still invites trouble.
> >
> > Damjan

Re: Openoffice and unsupported gstreamer 0.10 branch (for openoffice libavmediagst.so library)

Torokhov Sergey-2
Sorry, that is correct link:

https://yadi.sk/d/shOKuCcS3StDkr

On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 03:01:19 +0300
Torokhov Sergey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I created simple presentation file with title and video frame
> ("Agent 237:operation barbershop" from Blender Animation Studio).
>
> https://yadi.sk/d/shOKuCcS3StDk
>
> The archive contains 327.odp and 327.webm files that must be placed in
> the same directory before presentation file .odp is opening.
>
> The video is playing automatically after pressing F5 key (fullscreen
> presentation mode). Or after pressing "Play" button on the bar that
> usually appears at the bottom then video-frame of presentation is
> selected.
> I't work for me in current Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 and
> gstreamer-plugins:0.10.
>
> As I use Gentoo I installed "gst-plugins-meta:0.10" with next options:
>
> USE="ffmpeg quicktime http wavpack dv dvb vcd musepack vpx oss libass
> lame theora v4l" emerge gst-plugins-meta:0.10
>
> Also I installed "gst-plugins-ivorbis:0.10" and
> "gst-plugins-pango:0.10".
>

> Could you also share rebuilded library for testing? Is it compatible
> with current AOO 4.1.5 build?
>
> Thank yo in advance.
>
> --
> Sergey
>

> On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 19:56:42 +0200
> Damjan Jovanovic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I've successfully patched our gstreamer plugin to build with
> > gstreamer-1.0, but how do I test it? Does someone have a sample
> > document that uses gstreamer?
> >
> > The patch is attached for anyone interested. Parts may still be
> > wrong, eg. filter names. Changes between GStreamer 0.1 and 1.0 are
> > documented here:
> > https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/application-development/appendix/porting-1-0.html
> > https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/plain/docs/random/porting-to-1.0.txt
> >

> > On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 10:22 AM, Damjan Jovanovic
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I've begun having a look.
> > >
> > > We currently test for gstreamer in configure.ac but don't use the
> > > result, re-running pkg-config in a main/avmedia's makefile.
> > >
> > > Changing the version number to 1.0 breaks the build due a missing
> > > header file. Removing that "#include" gets it a little further,
> > > but it breaks due to changed gstreamer API functions. There is
> > > also lots of warnings about deprecated GDK functions. I'll
> > > continue trying later.
> > >
> > > We should really get rid of gstreamer 0.1 ASAP one way or the
> > > other: given how it's been unmaintained since 2013, it may well
> > > have security vulnerabilities. We can't ship it to users since its
> > > license is incompatible, but having users install it separately
> > > still invites trouble.
> > >
> > > Damjan

Re: Openoffice and unsupported gstreamer 0.10 branch (for openoffice libavmediagst.so library)

Jose R R
Niltze[Hello] all-

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 9:56 AM, Damjan Jovanovic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've successfully patched our gstreamer plugin to build with gstreamer-1.0,
> but how do I test it? Does someone have a sample document that uses
> gstreamer?
>
> The patch is attached for anyone interested. Parts may still be wrong, eg.
> filter names. Changes between GStreamer 0.1 and 1.0 are documented here:
> https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/application-development/appendix/porting-1-0.html
> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/plain/docs/random/porting-to-1.0.txt

Cool! I had requested the same feature from OO long time ago. And no
one answered. I think Peter is doing a great job.

I will test your patch in my next build as I am also excited about
that feature. BIG THANK YOU!

> On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 10:22 AM, Damjan Jovanovic <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I've begun having a look.
>>
>> We currently test for gstreamer in configure.ac but don't use the result,
>> re-running pkg-config in a main/avmedia's makefile.
>>
>> Changing the version number to 1.0 breaks the build due a missing header
>> file. Removing that "#include" gets it a little further, but it breaks due
>> to changed gstreamer API functions. There is also lots of warnings about
>> deprecated GDK functions. I'll continue trying later.
>>
>> We should really get rid of gstreamer 0.1 ASAP one way or the other: given
>> how it's been unmaintained since 2013, it may well have security
>> vulnerabilities. We can't ship it to users since its license is
>> incompatible, but having users install it separately still invites trouble.
>>
>> Damjan
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 9:16 AM, Torokhov Sergey <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello, Peter.
>>>
>>> Thank you for reply and for adding additional info into AOO wiki.
>>>
>>> Yes I'm posted on that project is short of developers this time.
>>> I hope that current implementation still will hold several years
>>> because gstreamer-0.10 of long process of skiping this brach
>>> in linux distributibes.
>>>
>>> Maybe during this transition period at least the way to  standalone build
>>> of appropriate multimedia AOO library will be found if it possible at
>>> all.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately I suppose I have no enough programming skills
>>> to understand how build system works and the difference between
>>> gstreamer-0.10 and 1.0 API/ABI .
>>>
>>> --
>>> Sergey

[...]

Best Professional Regards.

--
Jose R R
http://metztli.it

Re: Openoffice and unsupported gstreamer 0.10 branch (for openoffice libavmediagst.so library)

Damjan Jovanovic
Thank you. The video plays, but in a separate window instead of being
embedded in the document. I'll continue trying.

Distributing the library separately from the rest of AOO would be
difficult. Binary compatibility between Ubuntu and Gentoo, bitness, trunk
vs 4.1.5. New UNO components also have to be registered in AOO somehow; I
only know how to do it with .component files at compile time.

It will likely only end up in SVN trunk, possibly version 4.2.0.

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 2:01 AM, Torokhov Sergey <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I created simple presentation file with title and video frame
> ("Agent 237:operation barbershop" from Blender Animation Studio).
>
> https://yadi.sk/d/shOKuCcS3StDk
>
> The archive contains 327.odp and 327.webm files that must be placed in
> the same directory before presentation file .odp is opening.
>
> The video is playing automatically after pressing F5 key (fullscreen
> presentation mode). Or after pressing "Play" button on the bar that
> usually appears at the bottom then video-frame of presentation is
> selected.
> I't work for me in current Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 and
> gstreamer-plugins:0.10.
>
> As I use Gentoo I installed "gst-plugins-meta:0.10" with next options:
>
> USE="ffmpeg quicktime http wavpack dv dvb vcd musepack vpx oss libass
> lame theora v4l" emerge gst-plugins-meta:0.10
>
> Also I installed "gst-plugins-ivorbis:0.10" and
> "gst-plugins-pango:0.10".
>

> Could you also share rebuilded library for testing? Is it compatible
> with current AOO 4.1.5 build?
>
> Thank yo in advance.
>
> --
> Sergey
>

> On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 19:56:42 +0200
> Damjan Jovanovic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I've successfully patched our gstreamer plugin to build with
> > gstreamer-1.0, but how do I test it? Does someone have a sample
> > document that uses gstreamer?
> >
> > The patch is attached for anyone interested. Parts may still be
> > wrong, eg. filter names. Changes between GStreamer 0.1 and 1.0 are
> > documented here:
> > https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/application-
> development/appendix/porting-1-0.html
> > https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/plain/
> docs/random/porting-to-1.0.txt
> >

> > On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 10:22 AM, Damjan Jovanovic <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I've begun having a look.
> > >
> > > We currently test for gstreamer in configure.ac but don't use the
> > > result, re-running pkg-config in a main/avmedia's makefile.
> > >
> > > Changing the version number to 1.0 breaks the build due a missing
> > > header file. Removing that "#include" gets it a little further, but
> > > it breaks due to changed gstreamer API functions. There is also
> > > lots of warnings about deprecated GDK functions. I'll continue
> > > trying later.
> > >
> > > We should really get rid of gstreamer 0.1 ASAP one way or the
> > > other: given how it's been unmaintained since 2013, it may well
> > > have security vulnerabilities. We can't ship it to users since its
> > > license is incompatible, but having users install it separately
> > > still invites trouble.
> > >
> > > Damjan

Re: Openoffice and unsupported gstreamer 0.10 branch (for openoffice libavmediagst.so library)

Peter Kovacs-3
The Thanks should go to Damjan, who is doing the task. He decided this is important.

I did nothing.

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 10:25 PM, Peter kovacs <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The Thanks should go to Damjan, who is doing the task.
I thought it was obvious the acknowledgement was directed at Damjan.

Notwithstanding, unlike you, prior OO 'chairs' never even acknowledged
-- much less impulsed -- the gstreamer-1.0 request.

That's why I think you are doing great job, Peter.

Best Professional Regards.

--
Jose R R
http://metztli.it

Re: Openoffice and unsupported gstreamer 0.10 branch (for openoffice libavmediagst.so library)

Damjan Jovanovic
Unfortunately it looks like the problem is harder than just getting it to
build. Even after fixing some more APIs and getting it to play, a separate
player window is created. To get the player window to embed like it should,
we need to set the X window id on the GstVideoOverlay using
gst_video_overlay_set_window_handle() when a "prepare-window-handle" event
is delivered for which gst_is_video_overlay_prepare_window_handle_message()
returns true. But for some mysterious reason
gst_is_video_overlay_prepare_window_handle_message() never returns true.
Forcefully setting the X window id on all events does get it to embed,
badly, with lots of warnings, and the window gets distorted when scrolling
and doesn't respond to mouse clicks πŸ™ˆ.

Damjan

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 4:53 AM, Damjan Jovanovic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you. The video plays, but in a separate window instead of being
> embedded in the document. I'll continue trying.
>
> Distributing the library separately from the rest of AOO would be
> difficult. Binary compatibility between Ubuntu and Gentoo, bitness, trunk
> vs 4.1.5. New UNO components also have to be registered in AOO somehow; I
> only know how to do it with .component files at compile time.
>
> It will likely only end up in SVN trunk, possibly version 4.2.0.
>

> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 2:01 AM, Torokhov Sergey <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I created simple presentation file with title and video frame
>> ("Agent 237:operation barbershop" from Blender Animation Studio).
>>
>> https://yadi.sk/d/shOKuCcS3StDk
>>
>> The archive contains 327.odp and 327.webm files that must be placed in
>> the same directory before presentation file .odp is opening.
>>
>> The video is playing automatically after pressing F5 key (fullscreen
>> presentation mode). Or after pressing "Play" button on the bar that
>> usually appears at the bottom then video-frame of presentation is
>> selected.
>> I't work for me in current Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 and
>> gstreamer-plugins:0.10.
>>
>> As I use Gentoo I installed "gst-plugins-meta:0.10" with next options:
>>
>> USE="ffmpeg quicktime http wavpack dv dvb vcd musepack vpx oss libass
>> lame theora v4l" emerge gst-plugins-meta:0.10
>>
>> Also I installed "gst-plugins-ivorbis:0.10" and
>> "gst-plugins-pango:0.10".
>>

>> Could you also share rebuilded library for testing? Is it compatible
>> with current AOO 4.1.5 build?
>>
>> Thank yo in advance.
>>
>> --
>> Sergey
>>

>> On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 19:56:42 +0200
>> Damjan Jovanovic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > I've successfully patched our gstreamer plugin to build with
>> > gstreamer-1.0, but how do I test it? Does someone have a sample
>> > document that uses gstreamer?
>> >
>> > The patch is attached for anyone interested. Parts may still be
>> > wrong, eg. filter names. Changes between GStreamer 0.1 and 1.0 are
>> > documented here:
>> > https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/application-
>> development/appendix/porting-1-0.html
>> > https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/plain/docs/
>> random/porting-to-1.0.txt

Re: Openoffice and unsupported gstreamer 0.10 branch (for openoffice libavmediagst.so library)

Damjan Jovanovic
I finally cracked it. The gstreamer pipeline gets created early, during
construction of the avmedia/source/gstreamer's Player object, yet the
window to play in is only created later, when createPlayerWindow() is
called. To use that window and thus embed video into the document, we have
to set that window's handle to the GstVideoOverlay using
gst_video_overlay_set_window_handle(), but by then it's too late. Either
the pipeline creation would have to be deferred until createPlayerWindow(),
when we know the window to use, or we would have to switch windows
with gst_video_overlay_set_window_handle() a live pipeline. I've done the
latter and it works well. I don't know how it ever worked before, maybe in
gstreamer 0.1 the "prepare-window-handle" event is generated during
createPlayerWindow() but in 1.0 it isn't.

My changes have been committed to SVN trunk in revision 1825700.

Torokhov, Jose, Peter: thank you for all your support. Please test and
report any problems.

Damjan

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 10:14 PM, Damjan Jovanovic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I finally cracked it. The gstreamer pipeline gets created early, during
> construction of the avmedia/source/gstreamer's Player object, yet the
> window to play in is only created later, when createPlayerWindow() is
> called. To use that window and thus embed video into the document, we have
> to set that window's handle to the GstVideoOverlay using
> gst_video_overlay_set_window_handle(), but by then it's too late. Either
> the pipeline creation would have to be deferred until createPlayerWindow(),
> when we know the window to use, or we would have to switch windows
> with gst_video_overlay_set_window_handle() a live pipeline. I've done the
> latter and it works well. I don't know how it ever worked before, maybe in
> gstreamer 0.1 the "prepare-window-handle" event is generated during
> createPlayerWindow() but in 1.0 it isn't.
>
> My changes have been committed to SVN trunk in revision 1825700.
>
> Torokhov, Jose, Peter: thank you for all your support. Please test and
> report any problems.
>
> Damjan

Will certainly do. I, for one, am grateful for your work -- as it
improves an AOO feature that was trailing behind LO.

> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 9:25 AM, Damjan Jovanovic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately it looks like the problem is harder than just getting it to
>> build. Even after fixing some more APIs and getting it to play, a separate
>> player window is created. To get the player window to embed like it should,
>> we need to set the X window id on the GstVideoOverlay using
>> gst_video_overlay_set_window_handle() when a "prepare-window-handle"
>> event is delivered for which gst_is_video_overlay_prepare_window_handle_message()
>> returns true. But for some mysterious reason gst_is_video_overlay_prepare_window_handle_message()
>> never returns true. Forcefully setting the X window id on all events does
>> get it to embed, badly, with lots of warnings, and the window gets
>> distorted when scrolling and doesn't respond to mouse clicks πŸ™ˆ.
>>
>> Damjan
>>

>> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 4:53 AM, Damjan Jovanovic <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you. The video plays, but in a separate window instead of being
>>> embedded in the document. I'll continue trying.
>>>
>>> Distributing the library separately from the rest of AOO would be
>>> difficult. Binary compatibility between Ubuntu and Gentoo, bitness, trunk
>>> vs 4.1.5. New UNO components also have to be registered in AOO somehow; I
>>> only know how to do it with .component files at compile time.
>>>
>>> It will likely only end up in SVN trunk, possibly version 4.2.0.

[]

Best Professional Regards.

--
Jose R R
http://metztli.it

Re: Openoffice and unsupported gstreamer 0.10 branch (for openoffice libavmediagst.so library)

Peter Kovacs-3
sorry dont have much time. I added a bug to bugtracker and added roughly
the situation.

Thanks Damjan, and thanks everyone else.

can someone look at the bugs

https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=44114

and

https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=89802

I think they are related and can be closed?!

All the best

Peter

On 02.03.2018 07:14, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:

> I finally cracked it. The gstreamer pipeline gets created early, during
> construction of the avmedia/source/gstreamer's Player object, yet the
> window to play in is only created later, when createPlayerWindow() is
> called. To use that window and thus embed video into the document, we have
> to set that window's handle to the GstVideoOverlay using
> gst_video_overlay_set_window_handle(), but by then it's too late. Either
> the pipeline creation would have to be deferred until createPlayerWindow(),
> when we know the window to use, or we would have to switch windows
> with gst_video_overlay_set_window_handle() a live pipeline. I've done the
> latter and it works well. I don't know how it ever worked before, maybe in
> gstreamer 0.1 the "prepare-window-handle" event is generated during
> createPlayerWindow() but in 1.0 it isn't.
>
> My changes have been committed to SVN trunk in revision 1825700.
>
> Torokhov, Jose, Peter: thank you for all your support. Please test and
> report any problems.
>
> Damjan
>
> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 9:25 AM, Damjan Jovanovic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately it looks like the problem is harder than just getting it to
>> build. Even after fixing some more APIs and getting it to play, a separate
>> player window is created. To get the player window to embed like it should,
>> we need to set the X window id on the GstVideoOverlay using
>> gst_video_overlay_set_window_handle() when a "prepare-window-handle"
>> event is delivered for which gst_is_video_overlay_prepare_window_handle_message()
>> returns true. But for some mysterious reason gst_is_video_overlay_prepare_window_handle_message()
>> never returns true. Forcefully setting the X window id on all events does
>> get it to embed, badly, with lots of warnings, and the window gets
>> distorted when scrolling and doesn't respond to mouse clicks πŸ™ˆ.
>>
>> Damjan
>>

>> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 4:53 AM, Damjan Jovanovic <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you. The video plays, but in a separate window instead of being
>>> embedded in the document. I'll continue trying.
>>>
>>> Distributing the library separately from the rest of AOO would be
>>> difficult. Binary compatibility between Ubuntu and Gentoo, bitness, trunk
>>> vs 4.1.5. New UNO components also have to be registered in AOO somehow; I
>>> only know how to do it with .component files at compile time.
>>>
>>> It will likely only end up in SVN trunk, possibly version 4.2.0.

Re: Openoffice and unsupported gstreamer 0.10 branch (for openoffice libavmediagst.so library)

Jim Jagielski
This is great news... It seems like it might be time for me to
create some dev Linux builds for some more extended testing...

> On Mar 2, 2018, at 1:14 AM, Damjan Jovanovic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I finally cracked it. The gstreamer pipeline gets created early, during
> construction of the avmedia/source/gstreamer's Player object, yet the
> window to play in is only created later, when createPlayerWindow() is
> called. To use that window and thus embed video into the document, we have
> to set that window's handle to the GstVideoOverlay using
> gst_video_overlay_set_window_handle(), but by then it's too late. Either
> the pipeline creation would have to be deferred until createPlayerWindow(),
> when we know the window to use, or we would have to switch windows
> with gst_video_overlay_set_window_handle() a live pipeline. I've done the
> latter and it works well. I don't know how it ever worked before, maybe in
> gstreamer 0.1 the "prepare-window-handle" event is generated during
> createPlayerWindow() but in 1.0 it isn't.
>
> My changes have been committed to SVN trunk in revision 1825700.
>
> Torokhov, Jose, Peter: thank you for all your support. Please test and
> report any problems.
>
> Damjan
>
> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 9:25 AM, Damjan Jovanovic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately it looks like the problem is harder than just getting it to
>> build. Even after fixing some more APIs and getting it to play, a separate
>> player window is created. To get the player window to embed like it should,
>> we need to set the X window id on the GstVideoOverlay using
>> gst_video_overlay_set_window_handle() when a "prepare-window-handle"
>> event is delivered for which gst_is_video_overlay_prepare_window_handle_message()
>> returns true. But for some mysterious reason gst_is_video_overlay_prepare_window_handle_message()
>> never returns true. Forcefully setting the X window id on all events does
>> get it to embed, badly, with lots of warnings, and the window gets
>> distorted when scrolling and doesn't respond to mouse clicks πŸ™ˆ.
>>
>> Damjan
>>

>> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 4:53 AM, Damjan Jovanovic <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you. The video plays, but in a separate window instead of being
>>> embedded in the document. I'll continue trying.
>>>
>>> Distributing the library separately from the rest of AOO would be
>>> difficult. Binary compatibility between Ubuntu and Gentoo, bitness, trunk
>>> vs 4.1.5. New UNO components also have to be registered in AOO somehow; I
>>> only know how to do it with .component files at compile time.
>>>
>>> It will likely only end up in SVN trunk, possibly version 4.2.0.

Re: Openoffice and unsupported gstreamer 0.10 branch (for openoffice libavmediagst.so library)

Matthias Seidel
Yes, please! ;-)

The buildbots are unable to do their work because SourceForge is
unreachable...

Regards, Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Openoffice and unsupported gstreamer 0.10 branch (for openoffice libavmediagst.so library)

Damjan Jovanovic
Thank you. When testing, remember to:
* make sure the "dev" libraries for gstreamer 1.0 and gstreamer-video 1.0
are installed (on Ubuntu, that's libgstreamer1.0-dev and
libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-dev)
* run "autoconf"
* pass --enable-gstreamer as a flag to "./configure" (it's disabled by
default. Should it be?)

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 8:39 AM, Jose R R <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 10:14 PM, Damjan Jovanovic <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > I finally cracked it. The gstreamer pipeline gets created early, during
> > construction of the avmedia/source/gstreamer's Player object, yet the
> > window to play in is only created later, when createPlayerWindow() is
> > called. To use that window and thus embed video into the document, we
> have
> > to set that window's handle to the GstVideoOverlay using
> > gst_video_overlay_set_window_handle(), but by then it's too late. Either
> > the pipeline creation would have to be deferred until
> createPlayerWindow(),
> > when we know the window to use, or we would have to switch windows
> > with gst_video_overlay_set_window_handle() a live pipeline. I've done
> the
> > latter and it works well. I don't know how it ever worked before, maybe
> in
> > gstreamer 0.1 the "prepare-window-handle" event is generated during
> > createPlayerWindow() but in 1.0 it isn't.
> >
> > My changes have been committed to SVN trunk in revision 1825700.
> >
> > Torokhov, Jose, Peter: thank you for all your support. Please test and
> > report any problems.
> >
> > Damjan
>
> Will certainly do. I, for one, am grateful for your work -- as it
> improves an AOO feature that was trailing behind LO.
>

> > On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 9:25 AM, Damjan Jovanovic <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Unfortunately it looks like the problem is harder than just getting it
> >> build. Even after fixing some more APIs and getting it to play, a
> separate
> >> player window is created. To get the player window to embed like it
> should,
> >> we need to set the X window id on the GstVideoOverlay using
> >> gst_video_overlay_set_window_handle() when a "prepare-window-handle"
> >> event is delivered for which gst_is_video_overlay_prepare_
> window_handle_message()
> >> returns true. But for some mysterious reason
> gst_is_video_overlay_prepare_window_handle_message()
> >> never returns true. Forcefully setting the X window id on all events
> does
> >> get it to embed, badly, with lots of warnings, and the window gets
> >> distorted when scrolling and doesn't respond to mouse clicks πŸ™ˆ.
> >>
> >> Damjan

> trunk
> somehow; I

> [hidden email]>

> [hidden email]>

> but

> []
>
> Best Professional Regards.
>
> --
> Jose R R
> http://metztli.it
> ---------------------------------
> Download Metztli Reiser4: Debian Stretch w/ Linux 4.14 AMD64

Re: Openoffice and unsupported gstreamer 0.10 branch (for openoffice libavmediagst.so library)

Andrea Pescetti-2
On 02/03/2018 Matthias Seidel wrote:
> The buildbots are unable to do their work because SourceForge is
> unreachable...

I'm trying to do a clean build of trunk and I'm stuck too (I do have a
local cache, but it has the AOO415 dependencies only). Does anyone have
a copy of ext_sources for trunk configured with --enable-category-b?

If we have it, I would then setup a temporary mirror on home.apache.org
and use it while SourceForge restores service.

Note: the ASF asks that we do not use a *.apache.org space for hosting
external libraries due to possible license confusion for end users. So
we've historically used Google Code, and now SourceForge. But we
definitely need a backup solution, even a password-protected one to
avoid any possible confusion for users. We still need to be able to
build OpenOffice with release options while SourceForge is down.

Regards,
   Andrea.

123