Openoffice continuous crapouts (crashes)

Openoffice continuous crapouts (crashes)

Jac Holz
I bought apache openoffice from best buy geek squad.In one year it's crapped out (stopped working) 4 times.WHY? Is it that weak?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Re: Openoffice continuous crapouts (crashes)

zahra a
you dont need to buy it!
its free, opensource and you can install it in many computers as you
like without limitation!
just download it from:
www.openoffice.org

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Re: Openoffice continuous crapouts (crashes)

Helen Pitt
It's because it's not a terribly good decision to make, signing up to Apache I mean. I receive a scrillion emails every day about various crashouts. I can't do bugger all about it, I can't even stop the emails. All I did was sign up. Good luck.

________________________________
I bought apache openoffice from best buy geek squad.In one year it's crapped out (stopped working) 4 times.WHY? Is it that weak?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Re: Openoffice continuous crapouts (crashes)

Dave Fisher
Send an email to [hidden email]

Look for the reply and complete the opt-out process.

On Mar 25, 2018, at 12:03 PM, Helen Pitt <[hidden email]> wrote:

It's because it's not a terribly good decision to make, signing up to Apache I mean. I receive a scrillion emails every day about various crashouts. I can't do bugger all about it, I can't even stop the emails. All I did was sign up. Good luck.

________________________________
I bought apache openoffice from best buy geek squad.In one year it's crapped out (stopped working) 4 times.WHY? Is it that weak?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Re: Openoffice continuous crapouts (crashes)

Martin Groenescheij

On 25/03/18 11:32 PM, Jac Holz wrote:
> I bought apache openoffice from best buy geek squad.

No need to buy from unknown sources just go to OpenOffice.org and
download from there
> In one year it's crapped out (stopped working) 4 times.

What are the symptoms, any error message you can share with us?

> WHY? Is it that weak?

I don't know, sometimes it's OpenOffice most times it's the user.
If you need help post your problem (not your frustration) here.

> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Re: Openoffice continuous crapouts (crashes)

Urmas
"Jac Holz":

> I bought apache openoffice from best buy geek squad.

Upgrade to Document Foundation's LibreOffice, tons of Apache OpenOffice bugs
are fixed there. It is also receives bugfixes regularly.

AOO which you are using now is no longer actively developed.

Re: Openoffice continuous crapouts (crashes)

Dave Fisher
Sorry Jac, Apache OpenOffice is being developed. We are focused on stability.

If LibreOffice works for a user that is fine as well.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 4, 2018, at 5:01 AM, Urmas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> "Jac Holz":
>
>> I bought apache openoffice from best buy geek squad.

BestBuy GeekSquad did the installation for you. You can always get it free from OpenOffice.org/download/

Regards,
Dave

> Upgrade to Document Foundation's LibreOffice, tons of Apache OpenOffice bugs are fixed there. It is also receives bugfixes regularly.
>
> AOO which you are using now is no longer actively developed.

Re: Openoffice continuous crapouts (crashes)

zahra a
hi urmas.
do you believe that libreoffice is more stable than openoffice?
i heard that libreoffice is less stable and has more bugs because of
numourus changes and new features added in every new version.
i think that libreoffice is more compatible with microsoft office product.