Openoffice documentation

Mike Adams-9
Hi Guys

Very much like openoffice and since I have been writing training manuals for MS office for years I'd thought I might be ablew to help out as I am now semi retired. I am famililiar with most aspects of the openoffice suite so probably write on anything you may need doing

Regards

Mike

Re: Openoffice documentation

Clayton-24
On 02/13/2010 12:12 PM, Mike Adams wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> Very much like openoffice and since I have been writing training manuals for MS office for years I'd thought I might be ablew to help out as I am now semi retired. I am famililiar with most aspects of the openoffice suite so probably write on anything you may need doing
>
> Regards
>
> Mike

Hi Mike. Welcome to the OpenOffice.org Documentation Project.

The first thing to do is subscribe to this list, or you won't see any
replies. Send a blank email to [hidden email]

The Documentation Project has two main mailing lists:
[hidden email], for discussions related to project
infrastructure and policy, and [hidden email], where
writers, editors, reviewers, and others discuss documents they are
working on.

We recommend you subscribe to each of these mailing lists. To subscribe
to the authors list, send a blank email to
[hidden email]

To get an overview of the project, look at the Documentation Wiki at
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation There you will
find most of the documentation that we have available for OOo.  The box
on the top right of the Documentation Wiki, "Want To Help?" contains
some helpful information to help you get started.

Work on the user guides mainly takes place through the OOoAuthors
website, http://oooauthors.org/english Those docs are then made
available through the Documentation wiki.

Most of the other materials produced and maintained by the Documentation
Project, including how-to's, tutorials, and FAQs, as well as documents
for system admins, programmers and developers, are wiki-based. So you
might want to get an account on the wiki as well.

BTW, we are in the process of evaluating what the Project is doing and
how it's doing it, so some parts of the wiki and the website are being
reorganised and rewritten. If some things seem inconsistent or unclear,
that's probably why. We also use the wiki for planning purposes. You are
welcome to join in. And don't be shy about asking questions on the list
when things are unclear.

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       [hidden email]
OpenOffice.org Documentation Project co-lead

Re: Openoffice documentation

Jean Hollis Weber-3
If you are familiar with spreadsheets, the draft Calc Guide needs
help. Please head over to OOoAuthors and introduce yourself.
Instructions for subscribing were sent to you earlier. --Jean

On Saturday, February 13, 2010, Mike Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> Very much like openoffice and since I have been writing training manuals for MS office for years I'd thought I might be ablew to help out as I am now semi retired. I am famililiar with most aspects of the openoffice suite so probably write on anything you may need doing
>
> Regards
>
> Mike

Re: Openoffice documentation

Gary Schnabl
On 2/17/2010 4:00 PM, Jean Weber wrote:
> If you are familiar with spreadsheets, the draft Calc Guide needs
> help. Please head over to OOoAuthors and introduce yourself.
> Instructions for subscribing were sent to you earlier. --Jean

Do not bother with Chapter 1 of Calc, as I have only a half dozen pages
left of it to copy/technical edit. There were some technical errors,
plus some omissions that some writer could easily fill in. I added some
missing material and did the usual, expected copyedits. Plenty of
comments were marked up.

Might be finished tonight if I take the time from my other work and side
projects. It will be posted on the forum site in order to keep the
clutter off the email list. When finished, it will also include an
experimental Adobe Reader review and comment PDF of my committed
changes--along with a PDF of the edit tracks, where anybody could
include their comments and edits directly on the PDF, using only common
Adobe Reader.

Gary

--

Gary Schnabl
Southwest Detroit, two miles NORTH! of Canada--Windsor, that is...

Technical Editor forum <http://TechnicalEditor.FreeForums.org>

LinkedIn profile <http://www.linkedin.com/in/garyschnabl>

Elance profile
<http://www.elance.com/php/profile/main/eolproviderprofile.php?userid=1892120&catid=100&edit=true&from=myelance>