Openoffice.org dictionary word entry missing

Openoffice.org dictionary word entry missing

carl maxwell
I'm not sure if your the right person to contact about this, sorry if your not.

The words online, Online, offline, and Offline seem to be missing from the Openoffice.org standard.dic

online isn't in Noah Websters 3rd edition dictionary nor a Merriam Websters 194- dictionary, but it is in Wiktionary (I wish I had the Oxford English Dictionary to check against).

Re: Openoffice.org dictionary word entry missing

Дмитрий Габинский
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 00:03:38 -0700 (PDT), carl maxwell <[hidden email]>
skribis:

> I'm not sure if your the right person to contact about this, sorry if your
>not.

This is not “right person”, this is a group of persons discussing questions
of spell and grammar check development.

> The words online, Online, offline, and Offline seem to be missing from the
>Openoffice.org standard.dic

For such an issues, it is much better to contact the developer(s) of a
particular dictionary. Normally, you can find contact details in a file
(such as readme.txt) accompanying that dictionary.

Best regards,

Dmitri Gabinski

Re: Openoffice.org dictionary word entry missing

Marcin Miłkowski
carl maxwell pisze:
> I'm not sure if your the right person to contact about this, sorry if your not.
>
> The words online, Online, offline, and Offline seem to be missing from the Openoffice.org standard.dic

Standard.dic is not an *English* dictionary, it's for all languages, so
including *English-only* words there makes little sense.

Check for these words in your en-US or en-UK dictionaries.

Regards
Marcin