Openoffice.writer query

Anica Uithol
Hello,

I'm using the openoffice.org on my computer - not sure if there has been a change of name, I don't recall Apache
but yours is the one coming up when googling.

Anyway, my query is: why when I'm using the openoffice.writer does it seem or sound like someone else might
have access to my computer? What I mean is, eg in the middle of writing a doc, it will interrupt and say 'saving
document' - who is saving the doc? I find this concerning.

Could you please explain what is going on?
Thanks.

Regards

Anica