Optimum Row Height-Default

WA.TWORSX via AOL-2
In Calc, where can the default setting be reset/changed?

Re: Optimum Row Height-Default

Brian Barker-2
At 13:04 02/05/2020 -0400, Vince Bonly wrote:
>Optimum Row Height-Default
>In Calc, where can the default setting be reset/changed?

I don't think it can - but do you need to?

o You can easily select multiple rows using click and Shift+click in
the row headers or by dragging down the row headers. Then you can
adjust the row height for all those rows in a single step.

o Even more generally, you can select an entire sheet (or even
multiple sheets) by clicking in the rectangle at top left, where the
row and column headers meet. Again, you can adjust the row height for
all those rows at once.

o With a bit more work, you can change the row height in a blank
spreadsheet and then save it as a template. You can even choose your
new template to be the default - which more or less achieves what you
ask for. Note that if you insert any new sheets into a document
created with such a template, they will revert to the original
default row height, so you will want either to create sufficient
sheets in your template to render extra sheets unnecessary, or else
to create any new sheets by copying existing (empty?) sheets rather
than by inserting new sheets.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Optimum Row Height-Default

WA.TWORSX via AOL-2

> On May 3, 2020, at 01:44, Brian Barker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> At 13:04 02/05/2020 -0400, Vince Bonly wrote:
>> Optimum Row Height-Default
>> In Calc, where can the default setting be reset/changed?
>
> I don't think it can - but do you need to?

No; but I almost always want to avoid repeated steps when using PC.

On 5/3/2020 1:44 AM, Brian Barker wrote:

> At 13:04 02/05/2020 -0400, Vince Bonly wrote:
>> Optimum Row Height-Default
>> In Calc, where can the default setting be reset/changed?
>
> I don't think it can - but do you need to?
>
> o You can easily select multiple rows using click and Shift+click in
> the row headers or by dragging down the row headers. Then you can
> adjust the row height for all those rows in a single step.
>
> o Even more generally, you can select an entire sheet (or even
> multiple sheets) by clicking in the rectangle at top left, where the
> row and column headers meet. Again, you can adjust the row height for
> all those rows at once.

Yes, but first I must drop down to any Row's left margin header area and
do a right-click; only after doing that, am I able to add my desired
additional space (pitch) and make a change for optimum row height for
all rows in the sheet (most of the time, as this sometimes misses a
row(s)).

> o With a bit more work, you can change the row height in a blank
> spreadsheet and then save it as a template. You can even choose your
> new template to be the default - which more or less achieves what you
> ask for. Note that if you insert any new sheets into a document
> created with such a template, they will revert to the original default
> row height, so you will want either to create sufficient sheets in
> your template to render extra sheets unnecessary, or else to create
> any new sheets by copying existing (empty?) sheets rather than by
> inserting new sheets.
>
> I trust this helps.
>
> Brian Barker

Re: Optimum Row Height-Default

Peter Kovacs-3

Am 04.05.20 um 18:12 schrieb WA.TWORSX via AOL:

> On 5/3/2020 1:44 AM, Brian Barker wrote:
>> At 13:04 02/05/2020 -0400, Vince Bonly wrote:
>>> Optimum Row Height-Default
>>> In Calc, where can the default setting be reset/changed?
>>
>> I don't think it can - but do you need to?
>>
>> o You can easily select multiple rows using click and Shift+click in
>> the row headers or by dragging down the row headers. Then you can
>> adjust the row height for all those rows in a single step.
>>
>> o Even more generally, you can select an entire sheet (or even
>> multiple sheets) by clicking in the rectangle at top left, where the
>> row and column headers meet. Again, you can adjust the row height for
>> all those rows at once.
>>

> Yes, but first I must drop down to any Row's left margin header area
> and do a right-click; only after doing that, am I able to add my
> desired additional space (pitch) and make a change for optimum row
> height for all rows in the sheet (most of the time, as this sometimes
> misses a row(s)).

I am not sure what you try to accomplish. Selecting all rows does not
help you?

While it is not obvious solution you could change the Style. Press F11,
in the Popup you will see a default style. You modify this style and
change on the Borders tab you find the distance to the cell space.

You set up the styles you need, and then you mark the complete sheet as
described above, select optimal Row hight and it will adjust.

The only exception is if you have merged cells. That will not work as
you might expect.

If you want to change the default distance you have to adjust the
default style and save the document as your default template.

HTH

Peter

Re: Optimum Row Height-Default

Martin Groenescheij

On 04/05/2020 18:12, WA.TWORSX via AOL wrote:

> On 5/3/2020 1:44 AM, Brian Barker wrote:
>> At 13:04 02/05/2020 -0400, Vince Bonly wrote:
>>> Optimum Row Height-Default
>>> In Calc, where can the default setting be reset/changed?
>>
>> I don't think it can - but do you need to?
>>
>> o You can easily select multiple rows using click and Shift+click in
>> the row headers or by dragging down the row headers. Then you can
>> adjust the row height for all those rows in a single step.
>>
>> o Even more generally, you can select an entire sheet (or even
>> multiple sheets) by clicking in the rectangle at top left, where the
>> row and column headers meet. Again, you can adjust the row height for
>> all those rows at once.
>>

> Yes, but first I must drop down to any Row's left margin header area
> and do a right-click; only after doing that, am I able to add my
> desired additional space (pitch) and make a change for optimum row
> height for all rows in the sheet (most of the time, as this sometimes
> misses a row(s)).

Please stop crying and start working!

>> o With a bit more work, you can change the row height in a blank
>> spreadsheet and then save it as a template. You can even choose your
>> new template to be the default - which more or less achieves what you
>> ask for. Note that if you insert any new sheets into a document
>> created with such a template, they will revert to the original
>> default row height, so you will want either to create sufficient
>> sheets in your template to render extra sheets unnecessary, or else
>> to create any new sheets by copying existing (empty?) sheets rather
>> than by inserting new sheets.
>>
>> I trust this helps.
>>
>> Brian Barker

Re: Optimum Row Height-Default

Carl Marcum

On 5/5/20 5:53 AM, Martin Groenescheij wrote:

> On 04/05/2020 18:12, WA.TWORSX via AOL wrote:

>>> I don't think it can - but do you need to?
>>>
>>> o You can easily select multiple rows using click and Shift+click in
>>> the row headers or by dragging down the row headers. Then you can
>>> adjust the row height for all those rows in a single step.
>>>
>>> o Even more generally, you can select an entire sheet (or even
>>> multiple sheets) by clicking in the rectangle at top left, where the
>>> row and column headers meet. Again, you can adjust the row height
>>> for all those rows at once.
>>>

>> Yes, but first I must drop down to any Row's left margin header area
>> and do a right-click; only after doing that, am I able to add my
>> desired additional space (pitch) and make a change for optimum row
>> height for all rows in the sheet (most of the time, as this sometimes
>> misses a row(s)).
>

> Please stop crying and start working!

This is not helpful.

If you are here to help then help.
Otherwise please refrain from these types of comments.