Option buttons in text document (odt)

Craig Russell-2
Hi,

I cannot get the option buttons to work as expected in an odt document.

I'm trying to create a pdf form as an odt and exported as a pdf form.

I've created a group box with a label "Visibility". [1] I've created four option buttons with labels "Public" "Aggregate" "Member" and "Private" and each of their label fields have the same entry "<Visibility>". [The (.) is just my typing of the actual data which is a circle with a black dot which is not captured with a screen shot.]

What I expected is that clicking on the buttons would turn them on and off. And that since they are in the same group, that selecting Public and then selecting Member would turn off Public and turn on Member.

But the actual behavior is that if I click Public, that option turns on and never turns off, and I can turn all options on individually and not turn any of them off.

The same behavior occurs with both the odt document and the exported pdf document.

Is there a control that I'm missing?

I'm subscribed to this list.

Thanks,
Craig

[1]
Visibility      (.)      Public     (.)     Aggregate    (.)    Member    (.)   Private
Telephone:

Craig L Russell
[hidden email]
Craig L Russell

Re: Option buttons in text document (odt)

Craig Russell-2
Hi,

I found that with wizards turned on, I can create a group with the options in a box and the box does allow selecting and de-selecting the options. But I really need the options to be arranged horizontally (as in the simulated screen shot below [1]).

Is there a way for the options in a group box to be arranged horizontally instead of vertically?

Thanks,
Craig

> On Mar 31, 2021, at 12:36 PM, Craig Russell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I cannot get the option buttons to work as expected in an odt document.
>
> I'm trying to create a pdf form as an odt and exported as a pdf form.
>
> I've created a group box with a label "Visibility". [1] I've created four option buttons with labels "Public" "Aggregate" "Member" and "Private" and each of their label fields have the same entry "<Visibility>". [The (.) is just my typing of the actual data which is a circle with a black dot which is not captured with a screen shot.]
>
> What I expected is that clicking on the buttons would turn them on and off. And that since they are in the same group, that selecting Public and then selecting Member would turn off Public and turn on Member.
>
> But the actual behavior is that if I click Public, that option turns on and never turns off, and I can turn all options on individually and not turn any of them off.
>
> The same behavior occurs with both the odt document and the exported pdf document.
>
> Is there a control that I'm missing?
>
> I'm subscribed to this list.
>
> Thanks,
> Craig
>
> [1]
> Visibility      (.)      Public     (.)     Aggregate    (.)    Member    (.)   Private
> Telephone:
>

> Craig L Russell
> [hidden email]
> Craig L Russell