Options/choices at bottom of all pages are blacked out.

Options/choices at bottom of all pages are blacked out.

John  J Kennedy
I am using OO 4.1.3 and lately find that my selection (choices e.g., save, discard, ect.) at the bottom of all relevant pages are “blacked out.” The only way that I have found to view them is to select PREFERENCES and then APPEARANCE.  What have I done to cause this or better, how can this problem be resolved??
John Kennedy (614) 891 3854
JJK

Re: Options/choices at bottom of all pages are blacked out.

Martin Groenescheij

> On 20 Dec 2018, at 15:31, John J Kennedy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am using OO 4.1.3 and lately find that my selection (choices e.g., save, discard, ect.) at the bottom of all relevant pages are “blacked out.”

Normally there options are for the whole document not just for one or more pages.

> The only way that I have found to view them is to select PREFERENCES and then APPEARANCE.

OK selecting PREFERENCES and then APPEARANCE open a window with more options, you don’t tell what action you took to view the choices and I can’t believe that things are solved without any action from your side.

>  What have I done to cause this

Only you can tell.

> or better, how can this problem be resolved??

Undo what you have done.
Alternatively you can be more specific about your Operating System and what part of OpenOffice you have problems with.

> John Kennedy (614) 891 3854
> JJK

Re: Options/choices at bottom of all pages are blacked out.

Martin Groenescheij

> On 21 Dec 2018, at 15:05, John J Kennedy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Martin:
> Sorry but your comments have not been helpful.

I feel sorry for you, I tried to show you that you provided incomplete or misleading information.

> Can you put me back to Bryan ?

As Bryan didn’t share his reply with the user community we are not aware what or even that he replied.