Org.openide

Peter Kovacs-3
Hello all,

Can somebody tell me where the module openide is hiding?

My theory is it is in NetBeans. But on the NetBeans page they only have a very old version where I can find traces.

I guess no one can explain if my theory is right why we added the dependency?

Thanks for the help.

All the best
Peter
(By the way this is the first of 85 000 errors in eclipse after import without eclipse actually breaking. This will take some time, but I get better! :) )

Re: Org.openide

Matthias Seidel
Hi Peter,

Maybe this link can help:
http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/s?n=25&start=0&sort=relevancy&q=openide&project=aoo-trunk

Matthias

Am 23.08.2017 um 00:24 schrieb Peter kovacs:

> Hello all,
>
> Can somebody tell me where the module openide is hiding?
>
> My theory is it is in NetBeans. But on the NetBeans page they only have a very old version where I can find traces.
>
> I guess no one can explain if my theory is right why we added the dependency?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> All the best
> Peter
> (By the way this is the first of 85 000 errors in eclipse after import without eclipse actually breaking. This will take some time, but I get better! :) )

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Org.openide

Peter Kovacs-3
I have checked the link already. The only hint I see is the module declaration. Have you NetBeans installed?

Am 23. August 2017 00:32:44 MESZ schrieb Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>:

>Hi Peter,
>
>Maybe this link can help:
>http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/s?n=25&start=0&sort=relevancy&q=openide&project=aoo-trunk
>
>Matthias
>

>Am 23.08.2017 um 00:24 schrieb Peter kovacs:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Can somebody tell me where the module openide is hiding?
>>
>> My theory is it is in NetBeans. But on the NetBeans page they only
>have a very old version where I can find traces.
>>
>> I guess no one can explain if my theory is right why we added the
>dependency?
>>
>> Thanks for the help.
>>
>> All the best
>> Peter
>> (By the way this is the first of 85 000 errors in eclipse after
>import without eclipse actually breaking. This will take some time, but
>I get better! :) )

Re: Org.openide

Matthias Seidel
Am 23.08.2017 um 12:44 schrieb Peter kovacs:
> I have checked the link already. The only hint I see is the module declaration. Have you NetBeans installed?

No, I haven't.
I only sent the link in case you didn't know about OpenGrok... ;-)

> Am 23. August 2017 00:32:44 MESZ schrieb Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> Maybe this link can help:
>> http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/s?n=25&start=0&sort=relevancy&q=openide&project=aoo-trunk
>>
>> Matthias
>>

>> Am 23.08.2017 um 00:24 schrieb Peter kovacs:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> Can somebody tell me where the module openide is hiding?
>>>
>>> My theory is it is in NetBeans. But on the NetBeans page they only
>> have a very old version where I can find traces.
>>> I guess no one can explain if my theory is right why we added the
>> dependency?
>>> Thanks for the help.
>>>
>>> All the best
>>> Peter
>>> (By the way this is the first of 85 000 errors in eclipse after
>> import without eclipse actually breaking. This will take some time, but
>> I get better! :) )

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Org.openide

Peter Kovacs-3
After a long search I have found the code in question in NetBeans repository.

License is GPL v2 _or_ CDDL v1. :(
You got to love Oracle for their ways.

Hmm I think I will try to import the code in my workspace under given License. And then check if we really need this stuff. if no one knows anything, I opt for retiring the code pieces.
Can try to replace the code and only move the dependency out, if there is request for it. But we will carry the mess longer around, since I am slowly moving.

All the best
peter

Am 23. August 2017 13:57:18 MESZ schrieb Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>:

>Am 23.08.2017 um 12:44 schrieb Peter kovacs:
>> I have checked the link already. The only hint I see is the module
>declaration. Have you NetBeans installed?
>
>No, I haven't.
>I only sent the link in case you didn't know about OpenGrok... ;-)
>

>> Am 23. August 2017 00:32:44 MESZ schrieb Matthias Seidel
><[hidden email]>:
>>> Hi Peter,
>>>
>>> Maybe this link can help:
>>>
>http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/s?n=25&start=0&sort=relevancy&q=openide&project=aoo-trunk
>>>
>>> Matthias

>>> have a very old version where I can find traces.
>>> dependency?

>>> import without eclipse actually breaking. This will take some time,
>but
>>> I get better! :) )

Re: Org.openide

Raphael Bircher-3
Hi all

Since NetBeans is an Apache Incubator Project, there is maybe a chance to
get the source under ALv2.

Geertjan is this possible?

Regards, Raphael

CCed NetBeans dev.

Am .08.2017, 15:10 Uhr, schrieb Peter kovacs <[hidden email]>:

> After a long search I have found the code in question in NetBeans
> repository.
>
> License is GPL v2 _or_ CDDL v1. :(
> You got to love Oracle for their ways.
>
> Hmm I think I will try to import the code in my workspace under given
> License. And then check if we really need this stuff. if no one knows
> anything, I opt for retiring the code pieces.
> Can try to replace the code and only move the dependency out, if there
> is request for it. But we will carry the mess longer around, since I am
> slowly moving.
>
> All the best
> peter
>

> Am 23. August 2017 13:57:18 MESZ schrieb Matthias Seidel
> <[hidden email]>:
>> Am 23.08.2017 um 12:44 schrieb Peter kovacs:
>>> I have checked the link already. The only hint I see is the module
>> declaration. Have you NetBeans installed?
>>
>> No, I haven't.
>> I only sent the link in case you didn't know about OpenGrok... ;-)

>> http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/s?n=25&start=0&sort=relevancy&q=openide&project=aoo-trunk

>> but

Re: Org.openide

Raphael Bircher-3
Thanks Geertjan, I forward this to the OpenOffice Dev

Regards, Raphael

Am .08.2017, 23:23 Uhr, schrieb Geertjan Wielenga
<[hidden email]>:

> Unclear to me which module or which class or which anything specifically
> is
> referred to here. But, yes, in general, 'openide' is typically some thing
> like 'org.openide.xxx' where xxx is something specific (hence I really
> need
> more details than 'openide') which will all be part of the 1st code
> donation, since 'org.openide.xxx' are an indication of the oldest modules
> of NetBeans, part of the core of the NetBeans Platform.
>
> Gj
>
> On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 11:01 PM, Raphael Bircher
> <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> Since NetBeans is an Apache Incubator Project, there is maybe a chance
>> get the source under ALv2.
>>
>> Geertjan is this possible?
>>
>> Regards, Raphael
>>
>> CCed NetBeans dev.
>>
>> Am .08.2017, 15:10 Uhr, schrieb Peter kovacs <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> After a long search I have found the code in question in NetBeans
>>> repository.
>>>
>>> License is GPL v2 _or_ CDDL v1. :(
>>> You got to love Oracle for their ways.
>>>
>>> Hmm I think I will try to import the code in my workspace under given
>>> License. And then check if we really need this stuff. if no one knows
>>> anything, I opt for retiring the code pieces.
>>> Can try to replace the code and only move the dependency out, if there
>>> is
>>> request for it. But we will carry the mess longer around, since I am
>>> slowly
>>> moving.
>>>
>>> All the best
>>> peter

>> --
>> My introduction https://youtu.be/Ln4vly5sxYU

Re: Org.openide

Peter Kovacs-3
Hi,

I have pulled the latest code. I guess our reference is more then 6 years old. So there could be changes that had happened in the meantime.
So far it is
Org.openide.filenames
Org.openide.util
Org.openide.util.ui

I am not sure how we should deal with them in future. But good to know of the license change.
Thanks Raphael.

All the best
Peter

Am 23. August 2017 23:38:52 MESZ schrieb Raphael Bircher <[hidden email]>:

>Thanks Geertjan, I forward this to the OpenOffice Dev
>
>Regards, Raphael
>
>Am .08.2017, 23:23 Uhr, schrieb Geertjan Wielenga
><[hidden email]>:
>
>> Unclear to me which module or which class or which anything
>specifically
>> is
>> referred to here. But, yes, in general, 'openide' is typically some
>thing
>> like 'org.openide.xxx' where xxx is something specific (hence I
>really
>> need
>> more details than 'openide') which will all be part of the 1st code
>> donation, since 'org.openide.xxx' are an indication of the oldest
>modules
>> of NetBeans, part of the core of the NetBeans Platform.
>>
>> Gj
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 11:01 PM, Raphael Bircher
>> <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> Since NetBeans is an Apache Incubator Project, there is maybe a
>chance
>>> get the source under ALv2.
>>>
>>> Geertjan is this possible?
>>>
>>> Regards, Raphael
>>>
>>> CCed NetBeans dev.
>>>
>>> Am .08.2017, 15:10 Uhr, schrieb Peter kovacs <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> After a long search I have found the code in question in NetBeans

>given
>knows
>there
>am

>module

>only

>the

>time,

>>> --
>>> My introduction https://youtu.be/Ln4vly5sxYU

Re: Org.openide

Geertjan Wielenga
There's no such thing as 'org.openide.filenames'. Do you mean
'org.openide.filesystems'?

Also, where/how are these JARs used in your project? Sounds to me like your
project is based on the NetBeans Platform.

Thanks,

Gj

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 3:56 AM, Peter kovacs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have pulled the latest code. I guess our reference is more then 6 years
> old. So there could be changes that had happened in the meantime.
> So far it is
> Org.openide.filenames
> Org.openide.util
> Org.openide.util.ui
>
> I am not sure how we should deal with them in future. But good to know of
> the license change.
> Thanks Raphael.
>
> All the best
> Peter
>
> Am 23. August 2017 23:38:52 MESZ schrieb Raphael Bircher <
> [hidden email]>:
> >Thanks Geertjan, I forward this to the OpenOffice Dev
> >
> >Regards, Raphael
> >
> >Am .08.2017, 23:23 Uhr, schrieb Geertjan Wielenga
> ><[hidden email]>:
> >
> >> Unclear to me which module or which class or which anything
> >specifically
> >> is
> >> referred to here. But, yes, in general, 'openide' is typically some
> >thing
> >> like 'org.openide.xxx' where xxx is something specific (hence I
> >really
> >> need
> >> more details than 'openide') which will all be part of the 1st code
> >> donation, since 'org.openide.xxx' are an indication of the oldest
> >modules
> >> of NetBeans, part of the core of the NetBeans Platform.
> >>
> >> Gj
> >>
> >> On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 11:01 PM, Raphael Bircher
> >> <[hidden email]>

> >chance

> >given
> >knows
> >there
> >am

> >module

> >only

> >the

> >time,

Re: Org.openide

Peter Kovacs-4
Am Donnerstag, den 24.08.2017, 08:19 +0200 schrieb Geertjan Wielenga:
> There's no such thing as 'org.openide.filenames'. Do you mean
> 'org.openide.filesystems'?
yes, it is filesystems. My wrong.
And there a lot more refered to in other Classes. (I am still working
on the first one ;) )

> Also, where/how are these JARs used in your project? Sounds to me
> like your
> project is based on the NetBeans Platform.
That is a realy good Question.
We have a "Devtool" that integrates NetBeans into OpenOffice.
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice_NetBeans_Integration

But that sounds more like a addition to NetBeans then to OpenOffice.

However maybe in order to get benefits from the Netbeans integration we
need an API in OpenOffice for this? At least that is my guess.

Only the Open Office Scripting Module references to NetBeans. Which
supports the Idea. But I don't have a clue.

All the Best
Peter

Am .08.2017, 09:09 Uhr, schrieb Peter Kovacs <[hidden email]>:

> Am Donnerstag, den 24.08.2017, 08:19 +0200 schrieb Geertjan Wielenga:
>> There's no such thing as 'org.openide.filenames'. Do you mean
>> 'org.openide.filesystems'?
> yes, it is filesystems. My wrong.
> And there a lot more refered to in other Classes. (I am still working
> on the first one ;) )
>>
>> Also, where/how are these JARs used in your project? Sounds to me
>> like your
>> project is based on the NetBeans Platform.
> That is a realy good Question.
> We have a "Devtool" that integrates NetBeans into OpenOffice.
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice_NetBeans_Integration
>
> But that sounds more like a addition to NetBeans then to OpenOffice.
>
> However maybe in order to get benefits from the Netbeans integration we
> need an API in OpenOffice for this? At least that is my guess.
>
> Only the Open Office Scripting Module references to NetBeans. Which
> supports the Idea. But I don't have a clue.

It is a module for NetBeans to support the OpenOffice API. So NetBeans can
be used instead of the OpenOffice SDK

That's basically my information

Regards Raphael