Organizing Macros

Dan Lewis-6
     In OOo 1.1.x, macros were organized with "soffice" at the top in the
"Macro from" list of the Macro window (Tools > Macro >Macro). But in OOo 2.0,
"soffice" does not exit in the "Macro from" window (Tools > Macro > Organize
Macros > OpenOffice.org Basic). Instead there are My Macros and
OpenOffice.org Macros.
     Questions: If I want a macro to be available application wide, where do I
create its library and modules? Is it possible to have a macro only available
for Writer documents? Is this true or false for each of the other components
of OOo?

Dan

Re: Organizing Macros

Andrew Pitonyak
Dan Lewis wrote:

>     In OOo 1.1.x, macros were organized with "soffice" at the top in the
>"Macro from" list of the Macro window (Tools > Macro >Macro). But in OOo 2.0,
>"soffice" does not exit in the "Macro from" window (Tools > Macro > Organize
>Macros > OpenOffice.org Basic). Instead there are My Macros and
>OpenOffice.org Macros.
>     Questions: If I want a macro to be available application wide, where do I
>create its library and modules? Is it possible to have a macro only available
>for Writer documents? Is this true or false for each of the other components
>of OOo?
>
>Dan

The OpenOffice.org library container is for macros distributed with
openoffice. In general, you can not add macros here, or at least you
should not. These are stored where you installed OpenOffice.org.

The "My Macros" library is stored with your OOo settings and are
available to all documents. This is where I expect you to store your
global macros.
I don't think that you can limit the macros to ONLY be accessible to
Write doucments. You can, however, check the document type at the start
of every macro.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
My Book: http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/oome.htm