PDF cpnverter

William Hopkins
Hi, I wanted to download a PDF converter to go with Open Office but when I searched and came up with one my computer warned me against downloading it, Can you send me a link to an authentic download so I can be sure of it, Thanks, Bill Hopkins

Re: PDF cpnverter

Alan Pearce-2
I use  pdf995. It is free and works  a treat.

Re: PDF cpnverter

Alan Boba-2
William, all the pdf converters for Windows that I've found recently come
with bundled software that either I don't want or that flags the
antivirus/malware program. Even using their custom install features I still
see many adds or upgrade prompts after install. All undesirable.

OpenOffice apps all have a menu options File >> Export as PDF... (except
Math which has File >> Export...)

Have you tried that option to create pdfs?

It eliminates the need for a 3rd party pdf printer driver.

If you must have a pdf printer I suggest trying Foxit PDF Reader from
Foxitsoftware.com. As the name suggests it is a PDF reader. It also
installs a PDF printer and, imo, the install is much easier to recognize
and unselect bundled software.

Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011

Re: PDF cpnverter

heltai andras

What can you say about „pdf995“?

I downloaded it to my Mac, yet  cannot open it, The sstem says: no program for opening.

Any idea, what to do?

Many thanks,

Andras

> On 2018. Jul 20., at 20:48, Alan Pearce <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I use  pdf995. It is free and works  a treat.

Rory O'Farrell
On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 10:25:48 +0200
heltai andras <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What can you say about „pdf995“?
>
> I downloaded it to my Mac, yet  cannot open it, The sstem says: no program for opening.
>
> Any idea, what to do?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Andras

A quick check suggests that pdf995 runs only on Windows.

Rory

> > On 2018. Jul 20., at 20:48, Alan Pearce <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I use  pdf995. It is free and works  a treat.

Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: PDF cpnverter

heltai andras
Was a quick answer, thanks, Rory!

> On 2018. Jul 22., at 10:30, Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 10:25:48 +0200
> heltai andras <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> What can you say about „pdf995“?
>>
>> I downloaded it to my Mac, yet  cannot open it, The sstem says: no program for opening.
>>
>> Any idea, what to do?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>
>> Andras
>>

> A quick check suggests that pdf995 runs only on Windows.
>
> Rory
>>

>>> On 2018. Jul 20., at 20:48, Alan Pearce <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I use  pdf995. It is free and works  a treat.

Re: PDF cpnverter

Julian Thomas

> On Jul 22, 2018, at 04:25, heltai andras <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I downloaded it to my Mac, yet  cannot open it, The sstem says: no program for opening.

You don't need any app.  In the Mac print dialog, click PDF in the lower left, then select Save as PDF.

----
Julian Thomas   - http://jt-mj.net

I'm fed up to the ears with old men dreaming up wars for young men to die in. - George McGovern

Re: PDF cpnverter

Davy Elias -davyintermediary@gmail.com
use this  for your mac
https://download.cnet.com/Easy-PDF/3000-2351_4-75446250.html

Davy Pribadi - Insurance Agent
Fire | Marine Cargo | Motor Vehicle Ins | Travel Ins | Health | Bond Ins |
Heavy Equipment | C.A.R