PDF form text input font/size

Craig Russell-2
Hi,

I'm re-working a pdf form created via OpenOffice and saved as PDF. http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.pdf

I've attached the document here but don't know if this list accepts large-ish attachments.

One trouble with this form is that I don't know how to control the input field text font/size. I'd like to specify that the fields be filled with Courier 12 point.

Many of the filled documents have text that is just to big for the fields. And some are colored purple!

Is there a way to specify the font/size/color? I don't see an option for this when in design mode. If I highlight the form field, the options on the right menu are Properties: Width: 5.9" and Keep ratio. Styles and Formatting have no options.

And as long as I'm working on this form, I'd like to be able to choose the text in the document that is highlighted when the user is in a form field. For example, when the user is entering data in the Full Name field, I'd like "Full name" to be highlighted. As it is, just "name" is highlighted.

Any help appreciated.

Craig

Craig L Russell
Secretary, Apache Software Foundation
[hidden email] http://db.apache.org/jdo

icla-clr.odt (90K) Download Attachment

Re: PDF form text input font/size

David Belina-2
In Design mode if you left double click the field, about 2/3ds of the way down you can find font and colors/etc.  The UI people really did this backwards of what Word, etc users are used to doing (right click for variations of the box).

Not sure about the Field name, unless you use the option in the dialog box opened as above.

On January 22, 2019 at 7:08:58 PM, Craig Russell ([hidden email]) wrote:

[...]

Hi David,

> On Jan 22, 2019, at 6:33 PM, David Belina <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> In Design mode if you left double click the field, about 2/3ds of the way down you can find font and colors/etc.

I'm using a Mac and don't know how to left double click the field. If I control click or two-finger click the field I get a menu: Position and Size..., Description..., Name..., Control..., Form..., etc.

Are font and colors etc. in one of these sub-menus or how do I left double click?

> The UI people really did this backwards of what Word, etc users are used to doing (right click for variations of the box).
>
> Not sure about the Field name, unless you use the option in the dialog box opened as above.

I found Label Field in Properties: Formatted Field menu and it looks like I might have to create label fields for all the input fields. Sigh.

Thanks,

Craig

> On January 22, 2019 at 7:08:58 PM, Craig Russell ([hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>) wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm re-working a pdf form created via OpenOffice and saved as PDF. http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.pdf
>>
>> I've attached the document here but don't know if this list accepts large-ish attachments.
>>
>> One trouble with this form is that I don't know how to control the input field text font/size. I'd like to specify that the fields be filled with Courier 12 point.
>>
>> Many of the filled documents have text that is just to big for the fields. And some are colored purple!
>>
>> Is there a way to specify the font/size/color? I don't see an option for this when in design mode. If I highlight the form field, the options on the right menu are Properties: Width: 5.9" and Keep ratio. Styles and Formatting have no options.
>>
>> And as long as I'm working on this form, I'd like to be able to choose the text in the document that is highlighted when the user is in a form field. For example, when the user is entering data in the Full Name field, I'd like "Full name" to be highlighted. As it is, just "name" is highlighted.
>>
>> Any help appreciated.
>>
>> Craig
>>

>> Craig L Russell
>> Secretary, Apache Software Foundation
>> [hidden email] http://db.apache.org/jdo

>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
Craig L Russell
Secretary, Apache Software Foundation
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> http://db.apache.org/jdo <http://db.apache.org/jdo>

Re: PDF form text input font/size

Martin Groenescheij

On 23/1/19 05:08, Craig Russell wrote:
> Hi David,
>
>> On Jan 22, 2019, at 6:33 PM, David Belina <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> In Design mode if you left double click the field, about 2/3ds of the way down you can find font and colors/etc.
> I'm using a Mac and don't know how to left double click the field.
This means click twice on the left side of your mouse.
>   If I control click or two-finger click the field I get a menu: Position and Size..., Description..., Name..., Control..., Form..., etc.
Wonderful, now select Control from the menu.

> Are font and colors etc. in one of these sub-menus or how do I left double click?

In the Control menu scroll down till you see the Font selection field
here your able to change fonts and colors.