PROBLEM

Jesse Ferguson
Hello!
I've used your products for a long time and am a fan! However just yesterday I've hit a big problem. I restarted my computer and when I turned it back on, OpenOffice is giving me grief. I open the program and ALL the words (not just the mistakes) are underlined in red. See below (message continued below) :

I tried restarting my laptop-- didn't work. So I downloaded the newest OpenOffice-- didn't work-- same thing. I turned off the spellcheck, they all went away (even the errors), but when I turned it back on, everything is underlined again (saying their errors). I even tried switching the language from English Canada to English US-- didn't do anything
I'm a journalist (a writer) so I need to see what my errors are-- not every word. This is a real pain
Do you know how to fix this? Please help!

Jesse

Re: PROBLEM

Steven Ahlers
This is most likely a problem with your User Profile. It is usually caused by a too hasty shutdown of your computer. See: https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=89050 for explanations on how to resolve this problem.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 3, 2020, at 11:54 AM, Jesse Ferguson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hello!
> I've used your products for a long time and am a fan! However just yesterday I've hit a big problem. I restarted my computer and when I turned it back on, OpenOffice is giving me grief. I open the program and ALL the words (not just the mistakes) are underlined in red. See below (message continued below) :
>

> I tried restarting my laptop-- didn't work. So I downloaded the newest OpenOffice-- didn't work-- same thing. I turned off the spellcheck, they all went away (even the errors), but when I turned it back on, everything is underlined again (saying their errors). I even tried switching the language from English Canada to English US-- didn't do anything
> I'm a journalist (a writer) so I need to see what my errors are-- not every word. This is a real pain
> Do you know how to fix this? Please help!
>
> Jesse

Re: PROBLEM

Rory O'Farrell
On Wed, 3 Jun 2020 16:50:40 +0000
Jesse Ferguson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello!
> I've used your products for a long time and am a fan! However just yesterday I've hit a big problem. I restarted my computer and when I turned it back on, OpenOffice is giving me grief. I open the program and ALL the words (not just the mistakes) are underlined in red. See below (message continued below) :
>
> [cid:c3ac7699-3bb6-49c1-be94-87b0b66afd4c]
>

> I tried restarting my laptop-- didn't work. So I downloaded the newest OpenOffice-- didn't work-- same thing. I turned off the spellcheck, they all went away (even the errors), but when I turned it back on, everything is underlined again (saying their errors). I even tried switching the language from English Canada to English US-- didn't do anything
> I'm a journalist (a writer) so I need to see what my errors are-- not every word. This is a real pain
> Do you know how to fix this? Please help!
>
> Jesse

When you place cursor in the affected are of the document, what language is shown in middle of Status Bar (bottom bar of OO window)?

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>