[PROPOSAL] add an unsubscribe/help footer to recruitment ML

[PROPOSAL] add an unsubscribe/help footer to recruitment ML

Carl Marcum
Hi All,

I propose we add a unsubscribe footer to that list like we have with
dev@ and some others.

Sorry this is a proposal without a known solution (on my part) but I
suspect a ticket to infra may be involved which I could create.

Lazy Consensus in in effect for this and if there are no objections I'll
figure out how to implement it in 72 hours.

Best regards,
Carl

Re: [PROPOSAL] add an unsubscribe/help footer to recruitment ML

Peter Kovacs-3
+1

On 09.01.21 01:43, Carl Marcum wrote:

> Hi All,

> I propose we add a unsubscribe footer to that list like we have with
> dev@ and some others.
>
> Sorry this is a proposal without a known solution (on my part) but I
> suspect a ticket to infra may be involved which I could create.
>
> Lazy Consensus in in effect for this and if there are no objections
> I'll figure out how to implement it in 72 hours.
>
> Best regards,
> Carl

Re: [PROPOSAL] add an unsubscribe/help footer to recruitment ML

Arrigo Marchiori

--
Arrigo

http://rigo.altervista.org

Re: [PROPOSAL] add an unsubscribe/help footer to recruitment ML

Marcus (OOo)
Am 09.01.21 um 01:43 schrieb Carl Marcum:

> I propose we add a unsubscribe footer to that list like we have with
> dev@ and some others.
>
> Sorry this is a proposal without a known solution (on my part) but I
> suspect a ticket to infra may be involved which I could create.

I'm pretty sure only Infra can help as I think it's handled in the
mailing list software.

> Lazy Consensus in in effect for this and if there are no objections I'll
> figure out how to implement it in 72 hours.

I thought it cannot be true that there is no respective footer in
recruitment@ mails. But it's treue: no footer :-O

So +100 for adding this.

Marcus

BTW:

This is used here at dev@:

Re: [PROPOSAL] add an unsubscribe/help footer to recruitment ML

Andrea Pescetti-2
On 09/01/2021 Carl Marcum wrote:
> I propose we add a unsubscribe footer to that list like we have with
> dev@ and some others.

+1 and Infra can indeed add it.

But we should also be more proactive and remove people when they ask for
it on the list: Whimsy https://whimsy.apache.org/ has a handy "Helper
for mailing list moderators" tool that allows moderators to unsubscribe
people when our "self-service subscribe, self-service unsubscribe"
policy doesn't work.

Regards,
   Andrea.

On 10.01.21 23:42, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> On 09/01/2021 Carl Marcum wrote:
>> I propose we add a unsubscribe footer to that list like we have with
>> dev@ and some others.
>
> +1 and Infra can indeed add it.
>
> But we should also be more proactive and remove people when they ask
> for it on the list: Whimsy https://whimsy.apache.org/ has a handy
> "Helper for mailing list moderators" tool that allows moderators to
> unsubscribe people when our "self-service subscribe, self-service
> unsubscribe" policy doesn't work.

The moderators are Patricia, Andrea and Marcus.

--
This is the Way! http://www.apache.org/theapacheway/index.html

On 10/01/2021 Peter Kovacs wrote:
> On 10.01.21 23:42, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> But we should also be more proactive and remove people when they ask
>> for it on the list: Whimsy https://whimsy.apache.org/ ...
> The moderators are Patricia, Andrea and Marcus.

I confirm that indeed I use Whimsy to help people unsubscribe the
recruitment list when their intention is clear and when they are
confused about how to do it. I hope the new footer will help limit these
cases.

Regards,
   Andrea.