Quantcast

Package name for new UNO components?

Damjan Jovanovic
Hi

Our pre-existing UNO components use service names of the form
com.sun.star.*, for example:
com.sun.star.comp.sdbc.calc.ODriver
com.sun.star.comp.io.TextInputStream
com.sun.star.comp.Calc.SpreadsheetDocument

I am busy developing a new UNO component, a database driver for PostgreSQL.
Should I rather use a prefix such as org.apache.openoffice.* for it instead?

Damjan

Re: Package name for new UNO components?

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello,

do you know the existing one?

Regards

Mechtilde

Am 20.03.2017 um 16:40 schrieb Damjan Jovanovic:

> Hi
>
> Our pre-existing UNO components use service names of the form
> com.sun.star.*, for example:
> com.sun.star.comp.sdbc.calc.ODriver
> com.sun.star.comp.io.TextInputStream
> com.sun.star.comp.Calc.SpreadsheetDocument
>
> I am busy developing a new UNO component, a database driver for PostgreSQL.
> Should I rather use a prefix such as org.apache.openoffice.* for it instead?
>
> Damjan

Re: Package name for new UNO components?

Dave Fisher
Hi Damjan,

If this an official part of AOO then why not org.apache.openoffice.uno.*?

Regards,
Dave

> On Mar 20, 2017, at 10:41 AM, Mechtilde <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> do you know the existing one?
>
> Regards
>
> Mechtilde
>

> Am 20.03.2017 um 16:40 schrieb Damjan Jovanovic:
>> Hi
>>
>> Our pre-existing UNO components use service names of the form
>> com.sun.star.*, for example:
>> com.sun.star.comp.sdbc.calc.ODriver
>> com.sun.star.comp.io.TextInputStream
>> com.sun.star.comp.Calc.SpreadsheetDocument
>>
>> I am busy developing a new UNO component, a database driver for PostgreSQL.
>> Should I rather use a prefix such as org.apache.openoffice.* for it instead?
>>
>> Damjan

Re: Package name for new UNO components?

Damjan Jovanovic
One being?

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 7:41 PM, Mechtilde <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> do you know the existing one?
>
> Regards
>
> Mechtilde
>

> Am 20.03.2017 um 16:40 schrieb Damjan Jovanovic:
> > Hi
> >
> > Our pre-existing UNO components use service names of the form
> > com.sun.star.*, for example:
> > com.sun.star.comp.sdbc.calc.ODriver
> > com.sun.star.comp.io.TextInputStream
> > com.sun.star.comp.Calc.SpreadsheetDocument
> >
> > I am busy developing a new UNO component, a database driver for
> PostgreSQL.
> > Should I rather use a prefix such as org.apache.openoffice.* for it
> instead?
> >
> > Damjan

Re: Package name for new UNO components?

Marcus (OOo)
Am 20.03.2017 um 16:40 schrieb Damjan Jovanovic:
> Our pre-existing UNO components use service names of the form
> com.sun.star.*, for example:
> com.sun.star.comp.sdbc.calc.ODriver
> com.sun.star.comp.io.TextInputStream
> com.sun.star.comp.Calc.SpreadsheetDocument
>
> I am busy developing a new UNO component, a database driver for PostgreSQL.
> Should I rather use a prefix such as org.apache.openoffice.* for it instead?

Is it OK to mixup the namespaces within a specific module / code area?
When you are sure that there won't be any side effects then it's maybe OK.

However, to support the consistency within the OpenOffice code I would
favour the old way.

Marcus

Re: Package name for new UNO components?

Matthias Seidel
Am 20.03.2017 um 20:01 schrieb Marcus:

> Am 20.03.2017 um 16:40 schrieb Damjan Jovanovic:
>> Our pre-existing UNO components use service names of the form
>> com.sun.star.*, for example:
>> com.sun.star.comp.sdbc.calc.ODriver
>> com.sun.star.comp.io.TextInputStream
>> com.sun.star.comp.Calc.SpreadsheetDocument
>>
>> I am busy developing a new UNO component, a database driver for
>> PostgreSQL.
>> Should I rather use a prefix such as org.apache.openoffice.* for it
>> instead?
>
> Is it OK to mixup the namespaces within a specific module / code area?
> When you are sure that there won't be any side effects then it's maybe
> OK.
>
> However, to support the consistency within the OpenOffice code I would
> favour the old way.
That would also be easier to integrate in the SDK... ;-)

Matthias

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Package name for new UNO components?

Damjan Jovanovic
On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 8:14 PM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Am 20.03.2017 um 20:01 schrieb Marcus:
> > Am 20.03.2017 um 16:40 schrieb Damjan Jovanovic:
> >> Our pre-existing UNO components use service names of the form
> >> com.sun.star.*, for example:
> >> com.sun.star.comp.sdbc.calc.ODriver
> >> com.sun.star.comp.io.TextInputStream
> >> com.sun.star.comp.Calc.SpreadsheetDocument
> >>
> >> I am busy developing a new UNO component, a database driver for
> >> PostgreSQL.
> >> Should I rather use a prefix such as org.apache.openoffice.* for it
> >> instead?
> >
> > Is it OK to mixup the namespaces within a specific module / code area?
> > When you are sure that there won't be any side effects then it's maybe
> > OK.
> >
> > However, to support the consistency within the OpenOffice code I would
> > favour the old way.
>
> That would also be easier to integrate in the SDK... ;-)

My component's service names would be the pre-existing services:
com.sun.star.sdbc.Driver
com.sun.star.sdbcx.Driver

The interfaces also already exist:
com.sun.star.lang.XServiceInfo
com.sun.star.sdbc.XDriver
com.sun.star.sdbcx.XDataDefinitionSupplier
com.sun.star.sdbcx.XCreateCatalog
com.sun.star.sdbcx.XDropCatalog

Only the implementation name would be in the org.apache.openoffice.* module:
org.apache.openoffice.sdbc.comp.postgresql.PostgresqlDriver
This won't be visible in the SDK, and will mostly be used internally by
DriverManager when connecting to the database.