Package name

Matthias Seidel

Hi all,

when I look at:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/trunk/main/setup_native/source/packinfo/packinfo_office.txt

the package names look reasonable to me.

All except one (copied from the installed DEB package):

openoffice-ooofonts - Mailcap module for Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5

Why is a package containing fonts called mailcap module?

Regards, Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Package name

Matthias Seidel

No ideas?

To be more precise, it is only the description that seems wrong, not the package name itself.

Changing "Mailcap module" to "Fonts module" should do the job...

Regards,

   Matthias

Hi all,

when I look at:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/trunk/main/setup_native/source/packinfo/packinfo_office.txt

the package names look reasonable to me.

All except one (copied from the installed DEB package):

openoffice-ooofonts - Mailcap module for Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5

Why is a package containing fonts called mailcap module?

Regards, Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Package name

Marcus (OOo)

> To be more precise, it is only the description that seems wrong, not the
> package name itself.
>
> Changing "Mailcap module" to "Fonts module" should do the job...

if it's just the description and it doesn't influence the code in some
way, then IMHO just go ahead and change the text to a more descriptive one.

Marcus

>> Hi all,
>>
>> when I look at:
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/trunk/main/setup_native/source/packinfo/packinfo_office.txt
>>
>> the package names look reasonable to me.
>>
>> All except one (copied from the installed DEB package):
>>
>> openoffice-ooofonts - Mailcap module for Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5
>>
>> Why is a package containing fonts called mailcap module?
>>
>> Regards, Matthias

Re: Package name

Matthias Seidel
Am 20.02.2018 um 19:43 schrieb Marcus:

>> To be more precise, it is only the description that seems wrong, not
>> the package name itself.
>>
>> Changing "Mailcap module" to "Fonts module" should do the job...
>
> if it's just the description and it doesn't influence the code in some
> way, then IMHO just go ahead and change the text to a more descriptive
> one.
I just wondered if there is a (for me) hidden logic behind the chosen
description. ;-)

My local Windows build is just running, but the change may only be
visible in DEB and RPM...

Regards, Matthias

> Marcus

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> when I look at:
>>>
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/trunk/main/setup_native/source/packinfo/packinfo_office.txt
>>>

>>> the package names look reasonable to me.
>>>
>>> All except one (copied from the installed DEB package):
>>>
>>> openoffice-ooofonts - Mailcap module for Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5
>>>
>>> Why is a package containing fonts called mailcap module?
>>>
>>> Regards, Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Package name

Marcus (OOo)

> Am 20.02.2018 um 19:43 schrieb Marcus:
>>>
>>> To be more precise, it is only the description that seems wrong, not
>>> the package name itself.
>>>
>>> Changing "Mailcap module" to "Fonts module" should do the job...
>>
>> if it's just the description and it doesn't influence the code in some
>> way, then IMHO just go ahead and change the text to a more descriptive
>> one.
>
> I just wondered if there is a (for me) hidden logic behind the chosen
> description. ;-)

then I think a little debugging is necessary *) and ...

> My local Windows build is just running, but the change may only be
> visible in DEB and RPM...

build and test.

I'm sure Mechtilde would help with the DEB packages and others with the
RPM files. ;-)

*) except there are devs that remember the purpose of the description
and could speak-up here.

Marcus

Re: Package name

Matthias Seidel
Am 20.02.2018 um 22:50 schrieb Marcus:

>>> if it's just the description and it doesn't influence the code in some
>>> way, then IMHO just go ahead and change the text to a more descriptive
>>> one.
>>
>> I just wondered if there is a (for me) hidden logic behind the chosen
>> description. ;-)
>
> then I think a little debugging is necessary *) and ...
I didn't mean programming logic here... ;-)

Anyway, I committed the changes now and forced a build from Linux64
buildbot. When it is done I will install it on Ubuntu.
It is just a description and I don't expect more than optical differences.

Regards, Matthias

>> My local Windows build is just running, but the change may only be
>> visible in DEB and RPM...
>
> build and test.
>
> I'm sure Mechtilde would help with the DEB packages and others with
> the RPM files. ;-)
>
> *) except there are devs that remember the purpose of the description
> and could speak-up here.
>
> Marcus

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Package name

Marcus (OOo)

>>> I just wondered if there is a (for me) hidden logic behind the chosen
>>> description. ;-)
>>
>> then I think a little debugging is necessary *) and ...
>
> I didn't mean programming logic here... ;-)

that doesn't matter. When you do changes you need to know where they get
visible. When you don't know this, then you need to debug it - or test
it in a different way.