Quantcast

Page Numbering in a Document

Donna Ann Pekarsky
Can someone please explain clearly how to number the bottom of each page of a text document?  I read the FAQ on the website, but they are not clear.  Where is the page format icon?  What does it look like.  Please show me exactly what icon I press on to access the sub-menus. Copy and paste the icon into an email or tell me exactly where it is.  This latest version of Open Office is harder to use than previous versions.
 Thanks.

Donna Ann Pekarsky
[hidden email]
Tel.  415-673-7343

Re: Page Numbering in a Document

Martin Groenescheij

On 03/03/17 11:35 AM, Donna Ann Pekarsky wrote:
> Can someone please explain clearly how to number the bottom of each page of a text document?

I can try.

>   I read the FAQ on the website, but they are not clear.  Where is the page format icon?

There is non icon
>    What does it look like.

Characters.

>    Please show me exactly what icon I press on to access the sub-menus.

At the top bar go to Format and then Select page from the menu, this
will open a Page Style Window.
In the window go to the Footer tab and tick the Footer on box and press OK
Now you have an footer. Place your mouse inside the footer and go at the
top bar to Insert and select Fields, you see there a number of fields
you can insert one of them is Page Number.

>   Copy and paste the icon into an email or tell me exactly where it is.  This latest version of Open Office is harder to use than previous versions.

I have no idea what you're talking about the user interface hasn't
changed since version 4.0