Page Numbering

Edward Eckhard
Hello out there to all Users.

I'm trying to number hardcopy pages in my OpenOffice documents. The HELP Routine in
OpenOffice tells me to use EDIT and FIELD to do it. However, I cannot select the
FIELD Option from EDIT ! What to do ?? Anyone ??

Edward

Re: Page Numbering

Rory O'Farrell
On Wed, 20 Nov 2019 15:40:20 -0500 (EST)
Edward Eckhard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello out there to all Users.
>
> I'm trying to number hardcopy pages in my OpenOffice documents. The HELP Routine in
> OpenOffice tells me to use EDIT and FIELD to do it. However, I cannot select the
> FIELD Option from EDIT ! What to do ?? Anyone ??
>
> Edward

Try /Insert /Field Page number.

I have just checked Help file for AOO 4.1.7: the edit reference is for Formatting of the page number style and for that you need an existing (already inserted) Page Number.  To edit that page number style, place the cursor immediately in front of that field - it is helpful to turn on /View /Field Shadings, and sometime /View /Field names.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>