Page background in writer

Chuck-11
Can someone else please check this out for me and make sure I'm not
doing something wrong. I tried to save a document with a page background
graphic in .DOC format. It saved the document but not the background. If
saved in .ODT format everything saved fine. Is there some option I need
to enable to save page backgrounds when saving in .DOC format, or have I
hit a bug?

Re: Page background in writer

Paul
For me (winXP-pro) it works sort of ok.

Putting a picture as a tiled background to the page using OOo, saved
as .odt, then re saved as .doc. Reopening in word the background was
still there.  Things that didn't work so well :
- The graphic, when displayed in word were not the same proportions as
what they were in OOo. This had nothing to do with the 'tiling' of the
picture, since I redid it and the distortion remains. Word seems to
try and stretch the graphic over the entire page.
- In word, the graphic is displayed over the whole page. In word the
graphic is only displayed over the same area as occupied by the text.
This means that you get a square of non graphic around the outside
according to the set margins.

HTH, /paul

On 11/9/05, Chuck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can someone else please check this out for me and make sure I'm not
> doing something wrong. I tried to save a document with a page background
> graphic in .DOC format. It saved the document but not the background. If
> saved in .ODT format everything saved fine. Is there some option I need
> to enable to save page backgrounds when saving in .DOC format, or have I
> hit a bug?

Re: Page background in writer

Chuck-11
Thanks Paul.

Since posting the original question I discovered a bug for this issue
has already been reported.