Page number creation using recently downloaded Open Office 4.1.5

Page number creation using recently downloaded Open Office 4.1.5

Donald Nathan

Hello all,

After a recommendation from Peter Kovacs, I'm presenting my question to you.

I'm a student at Norwich University (VT) and just downloaded new version of Open Office 4.1.5. I'm creating a report and don't want a page number on the first page. I've gone through the steps to place the page number on the page but when I right click the number, the 'fields' choice I am looking for is not shown, see below.

Thanks for your time!

Donald

Re: Page number creation using recently downloaded Open Office 4.1.5

Rory O'Farrell
On Sat, 25 Aug 2018 18:26:23 +0000
Donald Nathan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> After a recommendation from Peter Kovacs, I'm presenting my question to you.
>

> I'm a student at Norwich University (VT) and just downloaded new version of Open Office 4.1.5. I'm creating a report and don't want a page number on the first page. I've gone through the steps to place the page number on the page but when I right click the number, the 'fields' choice I am looking for is not shown, see below.
>
> Thanks for your time!
>
> Donald
>
> [cid:bc76dfca-fee6-4a11-91ac-ee5e029bec06]

Have you inserted a number (a digit, plain and simple) or used /Insert /Fields /PageNumber?  This latter is how you should do it.  Your first page should use Page Style First Page, with, on  its Organiser tab, the following style set to use Default (or whatever other page style you desire).

The Page Numbering tutorial at
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=1221
will be helpful.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Page number creation using recently downloaded Open Office 4.1.5

許哲崇
My suggestion is that the first page also need the page number.

Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]> 於 2018年8月26日 週日 上午3:10 寫道:

> On Sat, 25 Aug 2018 18:26:23 +0000
> Donald Nathan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >

> > After a recommendation from Peter Kovacs, I'm presenting my question to
> you.
> >

> > I'm a student at Norwich University (VT) and just downloaded new version
> of Open Office 4.1.5. I'm creating a report and don't want a page number on
> the first page. I've gone through the steps to place the page number on the
> page but when I right click the number, the 'fields' choice I am looking
> for is not shown, see below.
> >
> > Thanks for your time!
> >
> > Donald
> >
> > [cid:bc76dfca-fee6-4a11-91ac-ee5e029bec06]
>
> Have you inserted a number (a digit, plain and simple) or used /Insert
> /Fields /PageNumber?  This latter is how you should do it.  Your first page
> should use Page Style First Page, with, on  its Organiser tab, the
> following style set to use Default (or whatever other page style you
> desire).
>
> The Page Numbering tutorial at
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=1221
> will be helpful.
>

> --
> Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Page number creation using recently downloaded Open Office 4.1.5

Martin Groenescheij

On 26/8/18 4:52 pm, 許哲崇 wrote:
> My suggestion is that the first page also need the page number.

Your suggestion doesn't make sense, the Original Poster don't want a number
on the first page for obvious reasons.