Page numbering

Craig Thompson

Hello,

I want to start page numbering with "0" not "1" so I can use a title page.  I don't think there is any way to do this.  Microsoft Office supports this.

Is there any way around this without creating two different files?

I really like Open Office.  Just this one problem with converting files from MS Office.

Thanks,

Craig

Re: Page numbering

Rory O'Farrell
On Sat, 9 Jun 2018 15:48:23 +0000
Craig Thompson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to start page numbering with "0" not "1" so I can use a title page.  I don't think there is any way to do this.  Microsoft Office supports this.
>
> Is there any way around this without creating two different files?
>

> I really like Open Office.  Just this one problem with converting files from MS Office.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Craig

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=1221 for Page numbreing info,

and

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=44607 for Page Style info (which you need to know for page numbering)

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Page numbering

zahra a
hi i recommend that try libreoffice too.
maybe it can supports it.

On 6/9/18, Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Jun 2018 15:48:23 +0000
> Craig Thompson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I want to start page numbering with "0" not "1" so I can use a title page.
>>  I don't think there is any way to do this.  Microsoft Office supports
>> this.
>>
>> Is there any way around this without creating two different files?
>>

>> I really like Open Office.  Just this one problem with converting files
>> from MS Office.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Craig
>>

> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=1221 for Page
> numbreing info,
>
> and
>
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=44607 for Page
> Style info (which you need to know for page numbering)
>

> --
> Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Re: Page numbering

Dan Lewis
    Are you using page styles in this document as you should? The title
page should have its own style. If the rest of the document is text, it
also should have its own style. At the bottom of the title page, create
a page break. With this select the style of the text and select the page
number that you want the text to begin with.
    All of this is well documented in the Styles and Formating section
in the Writer's Guide. I suggest you download a copy and study this
section. It will do wonders to how well you can use Writer.
    While I now use LibreOffice exclusively, I used OpenOffice.org 1.0
to 3.13. I had no problems doing many things with styles as I wrote
documentation on Base (OOo's database section) for ODFAuthors.

On 06/11/2018 09:18 AM, zahra a wrote:

> hi i recommend that try libreoffice too.
> maybe it can supports it.
>
> On 6/9/18, Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Sat, 9 Jun 2018 15:48:23 +0000
>> Craig Thompson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I want to start page numbering with "0" not "1" so I can use a title page.
>>>   I don't think there is any way to do this.  Microsoft Office supports
>>> this.
>>>
>>> Is there any way around this without creating two different files?
>>>

>>> I really like Open Office.  Just this one problem with converting files
>>> from MS Office.
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Craig
>>>
>> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=1221 for Page
>> numbreing info,
>>
>> and
>>
>> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=44607 for Page
>> Style info (which you need to know for page numbering)
>>

>> --
>> Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Page numbering

Martin Groenescheij

On 11/6/18 11:18 pm, zahra a wrote:
> hi i recommend that try libreoffice too.
> maybe it can supports it.

By God,
were I given libreoffice
with all it contain