Page numbers

Stephen Whitehead
I am having problems with inserting page numbers. I have been through the procedure of inserting a footer then selecting fields then page number. The words “page number” is then inserted into the footer and NOT the digit 1 . I have tried uninstalling and re-downloading but the problem remains.

Kind regards
Stephen Whitehead

Re: Page numbers

Rory O'Farrell
On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 13:50:23 +0000
Stephen Whitehead <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am having problems with inserting page numbers. I have been through the procedure of inserting a footer then selecting fields then page number. The words “page number” is then inserted into the footer and NOT the digit 1 . I have tried uninstalling and re-downloading but the problem remains.
>
> Kind regards
> Stephen Whitehead

Toggle /View /Field Names to show/not show the names and values of fields.
--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Page numbers

W. Robert J. Funnell, Prof.
On Mon, 14 Jan 2019, Stephen Whitehead wrote:

> I am having problems with inserting page numbers. I have been through the procedure of inserting a footer then selecting fields then page number. The words “page number” is then inserted into the footer and NOT the digit 1 . I have tried uninstalling and re-downloading but the problem remains.

In the View menu, do you have Field Names enabled? That causes the
name of the field (e.g., 'Page numbers') to be displayed instead of
the value of the field (e.g., '1').

- Robert