Participate in OpenOffice.org

Jojy Johnson
Dear Administrator Member,

I am Jojy P Johnson from Kerala, India. I have been following your website
openoffice.org for the last three years. It has been my long time desire to
communicate with your forum and establish a contact. My intention is to
become a part of your community and share my ideas in technical writing and
content writing. As a budding professional I aspire to contribute my bit to
openoffice.org website and forum and help the developers and programmers who
lack creative writing skills.

Your forum provides me the podium to take my vocation and collaborate in
your efforts of making knowledge available to one and all at no cost or free
of cost. Openoffice.org has immensely motivated me in this regard to help
those voluntary organizations, who help individuals like me coming from a
modest background.

I request your forum to please send me a technical writing project for which
proper documentation is needed.

Warm regards,

Jojy P Johnson

Re: Participate in OpenOffice.org

Clayton-24
On 02/18/10 18:00, Jojy Johnson wrote:

> Dear Administrator Member,
>
> I am Jojy P Johnson from Kerala, India. I have been following your website
> openoffice.org for the last three years. It has been my long time desire to
> communicate with your forum and establish a contact. My intention is to
> become a part of your community and share my ideas in technical writing and
> content writing. As a budding professional I aspire to contribute my bit to
> openoffice.org website and forum and help the developers and programmers who
> lack creative writing skills.
>
> Your forum provides me the podium to take my vocation and collaborate in
> your efforts of making knowledge available to one and all at no cost or free
> of cost. Openoffice.org has immensely motivated me in this regard to help
> those voluntary organizations, who help individuals like me coming from a
> modest background.
>
> I request your forum to please send me a technical writing project for which
> proper documentation is needed.
>
> Warm regards,
>
> Jojy P Johnson

Hi Jojy, and welcome to the OpenOffice.org Documentation Project.

The Documentation Project has two main mailing lists:
[hidden email], for discussions related to project
infrastructure and policy, and [hidden email], where
writers, editors, reviewers, and others discuss documents they are
working on.

We recommend you subscribe to each of these mailing lists - if you don't
subscribe, you will not see any replies to your messages, and you will
not be able to participate effectively with the team.

To subscribe to the dev list, send a blank email to
[hidden email]

To subscribe to the authors list, send a blank email to
[hidden email]

To get an overview of the project, look at the Documentation Wiki at
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation There you will
find most of the documentation that we have available for OOo.  The box
on the top right of the Documentation Wiki, "Want To Help?" contains
some helpful information to help you get started.

Work on the user guides mainly takes place through the OOoAuthors
website, http://oooauthors.org/english Those docs are then made
available through the Documentation wiki.

Most of the other materials produced and maintained by the Documentation
Project, including how-to's, tutorials, and FAQs, as well as documents
for system admins, programmers and developers, are Wiki-based. You
should set up an account on the Wiki as well.

We are in the process of evaluating what the Project is doing and how
it's doing it, so some parts of the Wiki and the website are being
reorganized and rewritten. If some things seem inconsistent or unclear,
that's probably why.

You are welcome to join in. And don't be shy about asking questions on
the list when things are unclear.

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       [hidden email]
OpenOffice.org Documentation Project co-lead