Participation Research at Utrecht University

Participation Research at Utrecht University

Zeena Spijkerman
Dear Sir / Madam,

I am contacting you regarding research at Utrecht University (The Netherlands).
As a Masterstudent Business Informatics I am currently working on my Master Thesis research in the Information Science field together with Dr. Slinger Jansen. The topic of this research is business models of open source software (OSS) companies, on which currently there is little knowledge. Therefore, I am exploring these specific type of business models with a comparative case study. I am kindly asking for your anonymous participation in this case study. Your participation is very important to determine the success-factors of OSS business models for investors, developers and open source start-ups.

I have formulated some questions which I would like to ask someone who has a clear idea of the business model of Open Office. I would really appreciate if you could forward me to the person in question. If you have any questions or need more information, you can reach me through the mobile number or e-mail address below.

Kind regards,

Zeena Spijkerman, MSc Student Business Informatics, Utrecht University
Contact: +31 651631768, [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Dr. Slinger Jansen (supervisor), Assistent professor Information and
Computing Science department, Utrecht University
Contact: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: Participation Research at Utrecht University

Martin Groenescheij
Hi Zeena,

You have reached the mailing list of user of OpenOffice, you're better
of to send your request to [hidden email]
where you find the developers

On 30/01/18 8:54 PM, Zeena Spijkerman wrote:

> Dear Sir / Madam,
>
> I am contacting you regarding research at Utrecht University (The Netherlands).
> As a Masterstudent Business Informatics I am currently working on my Master Thesis research in the Information Science field together with Dr. Slinger Jansen. The topic of this research is business models of open source software (OSS) companies, on which currently there is little knowledge. Therefore, I am exploring these specific type of business models with a comparative case study. I am kindly asking for your anonymous participation in this case study. Your participation is very important to determine the success-factors of OSS business models for investors, developers and open source start-ups.
>
> I have formulated some questions which I would like to ask someone who has a clear idea of the business model of Open Office. I would really appreciate if you could forward me to the person in question. If you have any questions or need more information, you can reach me through the mobile number or e-mail address below.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Zeena Spijkerman, MSc Student Business Informatics, Utrecht University
> Contact: +31 651631768, [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>
> Dr. Slinger Jansen (supervisor), Assistent professor Information and
> Computing Science department, Utrecht University
> Contact: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: Participation Research at Utrecht University

Helen Pitt
I`m sorry I have no idea. I used Open Office for a little while and was very disappointed in it, it has many, many flaws. I don`t use it any more.

________________________________

Computing Science department, Utrecht University
Contact: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: Participation Research at Utrecht University

Wade Smart-2
Helen .. it has many, many flaws and yet you are still on the list ... posting?
hmmm
--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606

Re: Participation Research at Utrecht University

John Miller
On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 9:54 AM, Zeena Spijkerman <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Dear Sir / Madam,
>
> I am contacting you regarding research at Utrecht University (The
> Netherlands).
> As a Masterstudent Business Informatics I am currently working on my
> Master Thesis research in the Information Science field together with Dr.
> Slinger Jansen. The topic of this research is business models of open
> source software (OSS) companies, on which currently there is little
> knowledge. Therefore, I am exploring these specific type of business models
> with a comparative case study. I am kindly asking for your anonymous
> participation in this case study. Your participation is very important to
> determine the success-factors of OSS business models for investors,
> developers and open source start-ups.
>
> I have formulated some questions which I would like to ask someone who has
> a clear idea of the business model of Open Office. I would really
> appreciate if you could forward me to the person in question. If you have
> any questions or need more information, you can reach me through the mobile
> number or e-mail address below.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Zeena Spijkerman, MSc Student Business Informatics, Utrecht University
> Contact: +31 651631768, [hidden email] <mailto:
> [hidden email]>
>
> Dr. Slinger Jansen (supervisor), Assistent professor Information and
> Computing Science department, Utrecht University
> Contact: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: Participation Research at Utrecht University

John Miller
Dear Zeena,
I'm happy to help in anyway I can (I used to do research in the
pharmaceutical industry). I wasn't sure if this was a junk email at first.
I'm also in a Mac user group online. Obviously I can't speak for them but
they are a good spirited group.
John