Participation Research at Utrecht University

Participation Research at Utrecht University

Zeena Spijkerman
Dear Sir / Madam,

I am contacting you regarding research at Utrecht University (The Netherlands). As a Masterstudent Business Informatics I am currently working on my Master Thesis research in the Information Science field together with Dr. Slinger Jansen. The topic of this research is business models of open source software (OSS) companies, on which currently there is little knowledge. Therefore, I am exploring these specific type of business models with a comparative case study. I am kindly asking for your anonymous participation in this case study. Your participation is very important to determine the success-factors of OSS business models for investors, developers and open source start-ups.

I have formulated some questions which I would like to ask someone who has a clear idea of the business model of Xoops. I would really appreciate if you could forward me to the person in question. If you have any questions or need more information, you can reach me through the mobile number or e-mail address below.

Kind regards,

Zeena Spijkerman, MSc Student Business Informatics, Utrecht University
Contact: +31 651631768, [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Dr. Slinger Jansen (supervisor), Assistent professor Information and
Computing Science department, Utrecht University
Contact: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: Participation Research at Utrecht University

Peter Kovacs-3
Anyone has an idea what Xoops is?
I am unsure what she is referring to.

Am 30. Januar 2018 13:27:09 MEZ schrieb Zeena Spijkerman <[hidden email]>:

>Dear Sir / Madam,
>
>I am contacting you regarding research at Utrecht University (The
>Netherlands). As a Masterstudent Business Informatics I am currently
>working on my Master Thesis research in the Information Science field
>together with Dr. Slinger Jansen. The topic of this research is
>business models of open source software (OSS) companies, on which
>currently there is little knowledge. Therefore, I am exploring these
>specific type of business models with a comparative case study. I am
>kindly asking for your anonymous participation in this case study. Your
>participation is very important to determine the success-factors of OSS
>business models for investors, developers and open source start-ups.
>
>I have formulated some questions which I would like to ask someone who
>has a clear idea of the business model of Xoops. I would really
>appreciate if you could forward me to the person in question. If you
>have any questions or need more information, you can reach me through
>the mobile number or e-mail address below.
>
>Kind regards,
>
>Zeena Spijkerman, MSc Student Business Informatics, Utrecht University
>Contact: +31 651631768, [hidden email]
><mailto:[hidden email]>
>
>Dr. Slinger Jansen (supervisor), Assistent professor Information and
>Computing Science department, Utrecht University
>Contact: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: Participation Research at Utrecht University

Brian Barker
At 13:35 31/01/2018 +0100, Peter Kovacs wrote:
>Am 30. Januar 2018 13:27:09 MEZ schrieb Zeena Spijkerman
><[hidden email]>:
>>The topic of this research is business models of open source
>>software (OSS) companies, ...
>>I have formulated some questions which I would like to ask someone
>>who has a clear idea of the business model of Xoops.
>
>Anyone has an idea what Xoops is? I am unsure what she is referring to.

Clearly an error. For Xoops, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XOOPS
. The enquirer is clearly approaching a number of open source
software suppliers, including both OpenOffice and Xoops. Her message
to the Users list correctly referred to "Open Office", but when she
was referred to the Development list, she must have sent the wrong
version of her message.

Brian Barker