Quantcast

Password

David-2
Good Afternoon,

I have blocked access to a specific text document in Open Office and,
with a lack of use, am unable to remember the password for access.
While I am aware of software to recover such passwords I find that, for
just one file, the expense is a little too much.  I wonder whether you
can assist me to gain access please?

Kind Regards,

D Newman

Re: Password

Rory O'Farrell
On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 15:24:25 +0000
David <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good Afternoon,
>
> I have blocked access to a specific text document in Open Office and,
> with a lack of use, am unable to remember the password for access.
> While I am aware of software to recover such passwords I find that, for
> just one file, the expense is a little too much.  I wonder whether you
> can assist me to gain access please?
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> D Newman

The passwording used in OpenOffice .odt and similar files is very strong; effectively unbreakable.  Automated brute force methods (i.e., trying every possible password) may work, but could tie up your computer for an extended period (hours/days).

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>