Pasting into a Text Box

Alan Pearce-2
Hi all,
Dors anyone know how to paste text into a Text Box inserted into a spread sheet please? The paste option doesn't seem to exist.
Thanks,Alan.

Re: Pasting into a Text Box

Brian Barker-2
At 14:12 06/01/2019 +0000, Alan Pearce wrote:
>Does anyone know how to paste text into a Text Box inserted into a
>spread sheet please? The paste option doesn't seem to exist.

If you click the text box, you see the (flashing) outline and the
eight coloured handles. Is this called "object mode"? That's not what
you want. Double-click it and you will see instead just the (steady)
outline. Is this called "editing mode"? Now you can use Edit | Paste
or Ctrl+V (or Edit | Paste Special... or Ctrl+Shift+V). You can also
use right-click | Paste, but you need to right-click within or
immediately adjacent to existing text content. If you right-click in
the text box but away from existing text content, the box selection
will relax back to the other mode and you will not see Paste in the
context menu.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Pasting into a Text Box

Alan Pearce-2
Thank you Brian,
It does exactly what you describe. Solved my problem.
Regards,Alan.